DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Companion Show?

Maximillion

Does anyone know if they are doing any kind of companion show for WoT - as they did with GoT?

Think it would be a good idea, especially for fans who ave not read the books.

There is a lot of complexity to the story that could be discussed / explained.

Can imagine the set of that being the Winespring Inn ?

You're referring to After the Thrones/Talk the Thrones? That didn't start until season 6. It grew out of a podcast on Grantland and became "official" when Grantland went away and became The Ringer because of HBO's partial ownership of The Ringer. I'm sure plenty of people will do companion/watch-along podcasts, but I wouldn't expect Amazon to elevate any of them in that way. They do have an official companion podcast to The Boys, but it has remained a podcast and not morphed into its own show, which probably makes more sense for a streaming-native series. If anything, I'd expect maybe that, depending on the popularity of season 1. I don't think anything like this has ever debuted at the same time as the main series. Even Talking Dead didn't start until season 2 of The Walking Dead. I wouldn't rule it out, but Amazon hasn't announced anything that I'm aware of.

What I really hope is that we get some quality youtube content that discusses the show. There are already some pretty good ones, but I am talking the stuff that has a more unique format and will appeal to the broader masses, with high production value of its own. Think Gay of Thrones (with Jonathan van Ness, who became a part of the new Fab5 afterwards) or Alt Shift X. Neither are for everyone, but both have a very distinct voice.

Gay of Thrones had over 1 m views on most of the later episodes and  Alt Shift X has several million hits on a few of its episodes. 

I was quite surprised to see that there was a film coming next year - the first of a trilogy.

Not a companion show, but it will give more background to the series as it is a prequel to the series - although reading about it, it seems they are going to totally butcher the story and make it like a Marvel super hero flick.

Edited by Maximillion

2 hours ago, Maximillion said:

I was quite surprised to see that there was a film coming next year - the first of a trilogy.

Not a companion show, but it will give more background to the series as it is a prequel to the series - although reading about it, it seems they are going to totally butcher the story and make it like a Marvel super hero flick.

I dont have high expectations about that trilogy. I'm not against it. We'll see if it's any good. Of course I hope for the best.

Edited by DaddyFinn

• Community Administrator
19 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

I dont have high expectations about that trilogy. I'm not against it. We'll see if it's any good. Of course I hope for the best.

It's brought to us by the people who made "Winter Dragon".... so you could say, I expect them to go straight to VHS.

• Community Administrator
35 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

So crap...?

Considering VHS is virtually a dead technology, and it's nearly impossible (for me) to find a working VHS player in any thrift store...

21 minutes ago, Rose said:

I'm not sure what's up with that but it seems almost like a strategic move to get a payout from Amazon because the trilogy could potentially mess with the series in a big way. Spoilers, inconsistencies, plain bad movies that taint the franchise... 

100%

REE is shady as all hell.
I talked about some of that over on the Tweeter.