DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shadowspawn Clip

SinisterDeath

27 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Isn't this exactly what Alsbet Luhhan is said to have done?

i was going to mention it, but alsbeth luhhan is said to be even bigger than her husband. and a pot with a long handle is a pretty effective bludgeoning weapon. A solid blow on the head with one is going to take down any men, and probably even a horse.

If they show that scene right, it won't cheaper the trollocs. Same goes for other examples of the villagers resisting; for example they could show someone skewering a trolloc on a pitchfork, or bringing out a longbow and pincushion a few. Even stabbing one with a kitchen knife would not make them harmless, as long as the trollocs still get to kill plenty of people.

If they want to keep the focus on all three ta'veren, i expec they will add scenes of both perrin and mat fighting for their lives, in addition to rand on his farm.

The main problem with trollocs not being seen as a legitimate threat is that all the main characters grow ridiculously powerful, fast

If they use clever filming to make sure they get the best possible shots of the trollocs, I’d be fine with not seeing them all the time. Why did we love Jaws so much when it came out and then subsequently dislike most of the sequels? They used suspense as a great tool and when we did see the monster it was wonderful. This could also give us some jump scares and make it more scary.

But, hopefully we do get some scenes with cool choreographed fights in full view and they don’t do constant jump cuts like in the Bourne Identity, that film technique single handedly ruined fight sequences for me for like 15 years. You just don’t get to see any of the actual moves. 

We definitely want them looking somewhat dexterous, but this is an obstacle that has to be overcome when you have heavy costume design, particularly if they are also wearing hoof like foot coverings. What I might do to make them look faster and taller is have custom blade prostheses made for the actors and then put costume design over the top. That could potentially work at making them run faster and look more natural when they do it?

Also, I’m sure they already casted as many massive dudes as possible to play the Trollocs. As for the fade looking bigger than them, he is sitting on top of a huge horse. 

Edited by JaimAybara

On 10/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, JaimAybara said:

This was bloody spectacular! Here are some stills.  Sorry, I did my best.

E0121B4A-16F1-4BCD-B64E-40D10D11376C.jpeg

When I first saw the Fade I had a moment of recognition - it's straight out of Clive Barker's Hellraiser. The Engineer turned downside up.

Edited by Kalessin
rearranging the post.