DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S1E5: Blood Calls Blood

SinisterDeath
Message added by SinisterDeath,

For discussing Season 1, Episode 5 titled "Blood Calls Blood".

Reminder:

1. Discussion in this topic is limited to Episode 5.
  2. If your post is about the series, go to the Season 1 Discussion Topic.
  3. If your post doesn't fit in either topic, search the WoT TV show Forum for a similar Topic.
  4. If you cannot find a similar Topic, post a new one. If you are unsure, PM the moderators for help.
  5. If your post is Off-Topic, it will be moved or deleted without warning.
  6. Finally Be Respectful to each other.

1 hour ago, fra85uk said:

Stepin had to die in the berserk attack vs. Logain in ep4.

Then of course the actor is very good and he delivered well in ep5 and all the arc was done properly...but still filler episode.

I find myself thinking if there were a lot more episodes I would love these extras that weren't in the book but since time is short I agree with most here that I'd rather that more time was spent elsewhere. I will hold off final judgement on this season until all the episodes are shown as some choices could make more sense later. One thought is Amazon / Bezos is ultimately responsible for only allowing eight episodes of an hour apiece. Even allowing more than an hour on a few would have made a huge difference.

2 hours ago, Sabio said:

.   I think it could have been just if not more powerful, if on the way back he is over come with grief and just rides off in a rage. You could still fit in info of what a warder feels when their Aes Sedai dies but use the extra time to build up main people like focusing on Mat's sickness more.

It would def have been powerful and informative, but they have clearly changed the Warder reaction to depression and anguish rather than rage. Probably to make us understand Lan more? 

Though I will miss Gareth Bryne in the Last Battle and his reaction to Siuan's death

5 hours ago, deathgate said:

It worked for GOT. Of course the book readers know they aren't big characters (Logain is later) but it does add some of that GOT/SoF&I dread that one of your favorite characters may die at any moment. I almost stopped reading GOT because of that but it slowed way down after the first book. WOT is almost the opposite where all of the favorites live so adding some that may seem favorites that die or are tossed aside makes the others vulnerable (to the non book readers).

One of your favorite characters.... for two episodes? I don't think this analogy holds up.

4 hours ago, NetNightmare said:

I do watch the show, I will stay awake till 1 am tonight to watch the new episode. I do somewhat enjoy it, but to be honest I was hoping to love it (which sadly is not the case) especially this one we will se the next see you in the next thread he he

I'm in a similar boat. I enjoy aspects of it of the show. Most of the actors are terrific. Rand was perfectly cast (but I kinda have this nagging suspicion the writers just aren't going to give him the focus he received in the books). But I want to love the show, I want it to be an improvement on the book series. And so far the show's writing and production just aren't very good. This is 90s/00s cable channel stuff with a few larger set pieces and slightly better effects.

Edited by Beidomon

2 hours ago, NetNightmare said:

I disagree, imho Stepin had to die in a berserk attack against the false dragon army as soon as he sensed Karene die, his attack to Logain was the worst thing he could do, I find it amazing none of the other Aes Sedai or the other Warders stopped him from endangering all the others... but of course they had to show Nyn AoE heal...

That's assuming they knew Logain was going to turn the attack against them all.  I have a feeling  they had never seen anything like what Logain did to the axes.

37 minutes ago, Beidomon said:

I'm in a similar boat. I enjoy aspects of it of the show. Most of the actors are terrific. Rand was perfectly cast (but I kinda have this nagging suspicion the writers just aren't going to give him the focus he received in the books). But I want to love the show, I want it to be an improvement on the book series. And so far the show's writing and production just aren't very good. This is 90s/00s cable channel stuff with a few larger set pieces and slightly better effects.

Sad but true.

I think the fear was if you give Rand too much time, people would suspect he was the dragon.  The show is really going with the pointing the fingers at almost everyone else but Rand.  So they had to cut out the fever dream, etc..

Seems they also cut out channeling sickness when you touch the source for the first few times.

1 minute ago, Sabio said:

I think the fear was if you give Rand too much time, people would suspect he was the dragon.  The show is really going with the pointing the fingers at almost everyone else but Rand.  So they had to cut out the fever dream, etc..

Seems they also cut out channeling sickness when you touch the source for the first few times.

Not sure where they're going with that. We have Thom's story, and the whole suspicion on Mat. Yet Rand hasn't had any reaction at all, that I have noticed

I hope we will get an explanation