DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S1E4: The Dragon Reborn

SinisterDeath
Message added by SinisterDeath,

Reminder:

1. Discussion in this topic is limited to Episode 4.
  2. If your post is about the series, go to the Season 1 Discussion Topic.
  3. If your post doesn't fit in either topic, search the WoT TV show Forum for a similar Topic.
  4. If you cannot find a similar Topic, post a new one. If you are unsure, PM the moderators for help.
  5. If your post is Off-Topic, it will be moved or deleted without warning.
  6. Finally Be Respectful to each other.

I just finished episode 4.  

I gotta say, I’m liking the series so far.  Sure, it stays away from the books a lot, and I fully expected it too.  

I have one question about this episode, and forgive me if this was posted before, but I haven’t read all 52 pages of this thread yet. Lol.  But did Mat leave the Shadar Logoth dagger behind when they fled the Myrddraal?  I didn’t catch that.  

i usually watch episodes 2-3 times so maybe I’ll see it next play through

15 minutes ago, KnightWhoSaysNi said:

I just finished episode 4.  

I gotta say, I’m liking the series so far.  Sure, it stays away from the books a lot, and I fully expected it too.  

I have one question about this episode, and forgive me if this was posted before, but I haven’t read all 52 pages of this thread yet. Lol.  But did Mat leave the Shadar Logoth dagger behind when they fled the Myrddraal?  I didn’t catch that.  

i usually watch episodes 2-3 times so maybe I’ll see it next play through

No, but he did leave Birgitte. ?

3 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

*gives final rites to this soon to be dead thread*  

May episode 5 give us this much to talk about as well!

Hopefully in a positive direction.

There will always be haters (and lovers) regardless of actual quality.  I will be reading with great interest to winnow the wheat from the chaff and hopefully I'll be convinced to rejoin the show.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:27 PM, CaddySedai said:

Also kinda interesting that when "calling" the source it seems cleanish...but then when telling it what to do the taint just...slides over it like a sheath. Kinda neat interpretation. Leads men to maybe thinking... "THIS time it will not be t...oh no its still tainted. Oh wellz".

My it's because the power isn't the one that's tainted. It's them. . . ? I know that's not the lore. The lore is that the source itself is corrupted. But I like this idea that men, when using the same power as women can't help but turn it bad.

Sorta sounds like a commentary on society. . . who knew?

39 minutes ago, Nors said:

My it's because the power isn't the one that's tainted. It's them. . . ? I know that's not the lore. The lore is that the source itself is corrupted. But I like this idea that men, when using the same power as women can't help but turn it bad.

Id say its more of a master stroke of the Dark Lord. 

Make the poison taste sweet. Further the addiction. 

1 hour ago, Nors said:

When Liandrin said that men foul the source I let that go as something only a Red Sister would say. If they go with this; that there is no saidin and saidar and that saidin is fouled by the dark one's touch that will be the end for me.  I am trying very hard to keep watching, but if they do this then it is absolutely NOT the WoT.  

28 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I am trying very hard to keep watching, but if they do this then it is absolutely NOT the WoT.  

I've given up on expect much from adapted works of genre fiction to screen. I like the show a lot so far. . . I also wouldn't care much if they change things as I see things for the screen as distinct from the sources they are made from. They become their own thing. I also don't know WoT that well and don't have such a emotional attachment to the canon. But when the Hobbit films came out. . . I know how it can feel when hollywood ruins your favorite.