DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S1E4: The Dragon Reborn

SinisterDeath
Message added by SinisterDeath,

Reminder:

1. Discussion in this topic is limited to Episode 4.
  2. If your post is about the series, go to the Season 1 Discussion Topic.
  3. If your post doesn't fit in either topic, search the WoT TV show Forum for a similar Topic.
  4. If you cannot find a similar Topic, post a new one. If you are unsure, PM the moderators for help.
  5. If your post is Off-Topic, it will be moved or deleted without warning.
  6. Finally Be Respectful to each other.

40 minutes ago, Gothic Flame said:

Money. 

Dude's getting paid. 

If that was the only case then he would not be posting anything that he has, because if it all means as you say then he risks losing that contract lol. Anyway your opinion doesn't really matter the masses are loving it, which is all that matters for future seasons. I am quietly optimistic that at the end of it there will be many who have to begrudgingly admit they reacted far too soon and the end result worked out ok. 

7 minutes ago, Harad the White said:

To put a bowtie on the discussion of what BS said, or didn't say: Why would anybody base their personal opinion of a show (or anything) upon what a another person said? I don't care if that other person is the Lord High Foobar of All Things Subjective, not being a slavish follower of fashion or anything else, I would judge it on my own. The N&Ns have stated their negativity. Whether it's based upon their own flawed logic or their slavishly following what BS said or didn't say is of indifference. Good luck to them. They are not trying to cornvince anyone because if they were, they would at least use cornvincing arguments.

I have realised that in my tired sleep deprived state currently I have broke my own golden rule and reacted lol. You are absolutely right, 

Just now, Sir_Charrid said:

I am quietly optimistic that at the end of it there will be many who have to begrudgingly admit they reacted far too soon and the end result worked out ok. 

I will do it willingly. Episode 4 was Right good fun. I’m still hesitantly optimistic, but am still rooting for the show and eagerly waiting for every Thursday. 

22 minutes ago, JaimAybara said:

I’m trying to think and dang he is sickly and useless for a very long time huh? Does he not have his staff even when they are walking to Caemlyn? Huh. I feel like I just got “Mandela Effect-ed.” 

*I just did my re-read too. Ugh. Here we go again.*

I guess he uses the dagger for a long time. Does he even use one as a walking stick prior to book three?

When they leave the Two Rivers each of the boys takes a weapon. Rand has Tam's sword, Perrin his axe and Mat takes a bow. There may have been a passing reference to staff fights at festivals at some point in the first two books I've forgotten, but I don't think so.

Just now, Kudzu said:

When they leave the Two Rivers each of the boys takes a weapon. Rand has Tam's sword, Perrin his axe and Mat takes a bow. There may have been a passing reference to staff fights at festivals at some point in the first two books I've forgotten, but I don't think so.

I will re-read the first three books to find out. This will bother me. I don’t care if it is for one sentence regarding the festival fights. Haha, but I think you’re right.

30 minutes ago, Jackdaw_Fool said:

Seems like he posted what was asked?

I answered why his answer was wrong above. He claims Brandon says something but mischaracterizes the quote to make it appear that Brandon is making a definitive statement: “this is not an adaptation of WoT”. The truth is that Brandon is talking about how he chooses to characterize the show to mentally process the changes that have been made. 

Just now, Harad the White said:

It is catchy. But consider the source:  Spiro Agnew, disgraced and resigned (one step ahead of the jailer) VP of the USA.

Yeah.  Also famous in Boston because it was used by Rick Pitino when he was the GM of the Boston Celtics to describe the fanbase.   Not a good way to engender goodwill.

13 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

The truth is that Brandon is talking about how he chooses to characterize the show to mentally process the changes that have been made.

Gotcha. But still... Does Sanderson consider the show an adaption of the Wheel of Time books, or not? Apparently from that quote he does not. That's interesting is all...

ETA: Certainly wouldn't have given AusLeviathan an F on reading comprehension...

Edited by Jackdaw_Fool

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

Interested to know what the people who are so anti the show thought of TGS when it came out? Is it the same mentality to think that BS butchered our beloved characters, storyline, lore, world, etc...? 

Yes actually.

If you check my post history, my last activity before I disappeared for several years was a LOT of debates over how BS ruined the ending of the series.

Mat was wrong, Perrin was ruined, the ending was clearly written against Jordan's wishes, X shouldn't have died, Y shouldn't have behaved a certain way, etc, etc, etc.

2 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

I'm fairly certain that Rafe confirmed that souls have no gender and that you can be reborn as either a man or a woman.

Which means nothing since THIS cycle the prophecies are correct and the Dragon is a Man.

These changes that affect how people act and why they act that way and form a backstory for the characters and the world doesn't require a rewrite?

No, and the fact that I keep asking you for any kind of specific answer and you won't provide one shows you know I'm right.

Everything to do with Rand from Falme onward since he won't be the DR?

You're moving the goalpost.  This stems from me asking you for a re-write due to the changes that we've already confirmed.  The amusing part is I can come up with a few off the cuff, they just don't matter. 

If Amazon were willing to pay me I'd be supporting everything about this show too, I'd even be willing to justify Egwene being the DR as a positive change.

That... suggests you're trolling and more out to cause trouble than stand for any type of artistic merit or value...

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

If not, by the time we got to Crossroads of Twilight we would have an entire season on what color the women's nails are and how pretty their dresses are, and how they wear their hair when Rand comes to visit.

Some of us were looking forward to the entire episode focused on Elayne and Aviendha in a bath.

20 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

THIS cycle the prophecies are correct and the Dragon is a Man.

Great post otherwise. This I don't understand. In the Amazon Universe the prophecy doesn't tell Moiraine the gender of the DR, so she is willing to consider male and female candidates. The prophecies are correct, but they would have been correct even if the Dragon were a woman.

14 minutes ago, Harad the White said:

Great post otherwise. This I don't understand. In the Amazon Universe the prophecy doesn't tell Moiraine the gender of the DR, so she is willing to consider male and female candidates. The prophecies are correct, but they would have been correct even if the Dragon were a woman.

Last AMA Rafe said the issue with the prophecies was not any changes but that after 3000 years no one trusted them.   So until we get wording showing changes, we can trust the original.  Which means Dragon is the same Dragon, which means there's nothing to re-write for Aus' issues.

2 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

Last AMA Rafe said the issue with the prophecies was not any changes but that after 3000 years no one trusted them.   So until we get wording showing changes, we can trust the original.  Which means Dragon is the same Dragon, which means there's nothing to re-write for Aus' issues.

Within the Amazon series, Moiraine says there have been past Dragons that are male and female. This means that the DR can be male or female. There is no other way for a reborn entity to switch genders. The prophecy tells Moiraine that the DR was born 20 years ago but doesn't tell her the gender. There is no "original" other than the one referred to in Amazon. 

Let's back off of where the thread is heading. 

I'm moving out anything about "predictions" as they have nothing to do with s1e4: the dragon reborn.

Prediction posts moved to:

Remember to be respectful of eachother ?

Bring this topic back to the episode moving forward plzkthx.