DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S1E4: The Dragon Reborn

SinisterDeath
Message added by SinisterDeath,

Reminder:

1. Discussion in this topic is limited to Episode 4.
  2. If your post is about the series, go to the Season 1 Discussion Topic.
  3. If your post doesn't fit in either topic, search the WoT TV show Forum for a similar Topic.
  4. If you cannot find a similar Topic, post a new one. If you are unsure, PM the moderators for help.
  5. If your post is Off-Topic, it will be moved or deleted without warning.
  6. Finally Be Respectful to each other.

1. Loved the Logain arc. He is rational, dedicated , even compassionate behind the power hungry, superb acting, good writing.

2. Pretty lame Tinkers : the visuals are all the flower children of the 60 ties minus the music, which is horrible, colors are drab, dancing is asexual and  lame, it feels like the flower children meet Tolstoy crossed with Amish. I feel for Aram , if I was him I would have run away when I was 12. MDK is lost in this arc. She would have been perfect Siuan.

3. Thom is ah rather than oooh. Just shrugging him off for the time being.

4. Amazing dynamics in the Aes Sedai camp. Really good and patient build-up.

5. Can forgive a lot for the good story. Alas Nynaeve's powerhouse explosion feels unearned, too early , and too Mary Sue-ish. If they could keep her from being the navy seal/ green ranger in disguise for the last 2 episodes it might have worked. As of now it feels like a joke: oh come on, Nyn can do anything.

Just musing here, but what if!!

In this timeline Else is Brigette Reborn?

A lot of archery imagery here, her whole family had a bow so good guess she'd end up learning, plus all the B dolls.

Unfortunately the Pattern needed to kill her so she could be ready when the time comes so it sent two TV...

Unlikely but a fun thought, interesting to think how that would impact Matt and her dynamics later..

9 minutes ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Just musing here, but what if!!

In this timeline Else is Brigette Reborn?

A lot of archery imagery here, her whole family had a bow so good guess she'd end up learning, plus all the B dolls.

Unfortunately the Pattern needed to kill her so she could be ready when the time comes so it sent two TV...

Unlikely but a fun thought, interesting to think how that would impact Matt and her dynamics later..

Yeah, that would be cool if she remembers him and that encounter later in the show.

8 hours ago, divica said:

On the other hand I would say that the number of voters is very problematic.

For example, the witcher has around 15 to 20k people voting.

The Witcher show aired in December 20th 2019. Over two years before WoT.

The Witcher has 364k ratings and is currently 8,2/10.

Each episode has less than 20k ratings except the first one which has 21k.

The Wheel of Time has 24k ratings and is currently 7,5/10.

Each episode has less than 5k ratings except the first one which has 5,5k.

Let's see what these numbers are two years from now..

8 hours ago, MasterAblar said:

That being said, and I don't know if it's correct, but the WoT wiki does say that healing major wounds "will hear naturally, but in mere seconds" so leaving a scar wouldn't be abnormal, particularly if the wound has been festering for a while.

Yeah, I don't get the problem with this.

6 hours ago, Agitel said:

I think the shield wasn't fully in place and he was still trying to fight it off in that scene.

Yes. We see the shield go all the way inside Logain's skin in 10:47 when Moiraine puts it in place. Liandrin lets go of her shield right after that. That looks completely different than when Logain is fighting it.

4 hours ago, Mailman said:

thought the magic visuals where very good allthough the standing still to weave/cast may be a issue in later episodes

There's no reason to think every channeler will stop moving every time in order to channel.

1 hour ago, dorotea said:

1. Loved the Logain arc. He is rational, dedicated , even compassionate behind the power hungry, superb acting, good writing.

2. Pretty lame Tinkers : the visuals are all the flower children of the 60 ties minus the music, which is horrible, colors are drab, dancing is asexual and  lame, it feels like the flower children meet Tolstoy crossed with Amish. I feel for Aram , if I was him I would have run away when I was 12. MDK is lost in this arc. She would have been perfect Siuan.

3. Thom is ah rather than oooh. Just shrugging him off for the time being.

4. Amazing dynamics in the Aes Sedai camp. Really good and patient build-up.

5. Can forgive a lot for the good story. Alas Nynaeve's powerhouse explosion feels unearned, too early , and too Mary Sue-ish. If they could keep her from being the navy seal/ green ranger in disguise for the last 2 episodes it might have worked. As of now it feels like a joke: oh come on, Nyn can do anything.

5. yeah it is becoming ridiculous to the point I just laughed when she did her power explosion.

41 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Yes. We see the shield go all the way inside Logain's skin in 10:47 when Moiraine puts it in place. Liandrin lets go of her shield right after that. That looks completely different than when Logain is fighting it.

Sarah Nakamura has also confirmed this on twitter.  The shield isn't in place until it "enters" the shieldee, until then they can still channel and attempt to fight it off.

4 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

I personally didn't feel there was sexual tension. But when I talked with a friend of mine (who hasn't read the books) after watching, she commented that she thought there was.

They obviously have really good chemistry and some people are reading it as sexual. Not sure to what extent it's intentional.

I thought it was fairly obvious

The green and her 2 warders chose to turn in early and the it seemed fairly obvious that they where going to do more than sleep and then Lan parrots the exact same sentences they used and went to Moiraine and they where then seen sitting close together.

Not suggesting they where or are going to sleep together but i think its obvious they are playing up a sexual chemistry between the 2.

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

I thought it was fairly obvious

The green and her 2 warders chose to turn in early and the it seemed fairly obvious that they where going to do more than sleep and then Lan parrots the exact same sentences they used and went to Moiraine and they where then seen sitting close together.

Not suggesting they where or are going to sleep together but i think its obvious they are playing up a sexual chemistry between the 2.

At least Nynaeve thinks there might be something. I understand how some of the viewers get that impression also from Lan's words, but their interaction inside the tent was nothing sexual. Just like the bath scene wasn't.

6 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Sarah Nakamura has also confirmed this on twitter.  The shield isn't in place until it "enters" the shieldee, until then they can still channel and attempt to fight it off.

Yes it seems to me that they have exchanged the reduction in power from a incomplete attempt to shield to only being able to channel within the confines of the shield hence why he could channel into the axes that had come inside the shield.

It will im assuming mean a end to any 13 woman being able to shield any man. 

Its weird people are upset about a fact that seemed pretty clear in the books too. It could happen.

I mean...Aes Sedai and Warders aren't celibate lol.

Heck I mean...there's stories about face characters at Disney in the tunnels that will curl your toes then lol.

Edited by CaddySedai

Just a general observation, the bond isn't sexual but there is certainly a physical comfort to it. Reinforced by the commentary between Moraine and Lan. 

Which, to me, feels like a Healthy Relationship. Sexual, maybe, but there is comfort in companionship in a physical sense like touch, hugs, etc. It's why I so deeply appreciated how Alanna's Warders were just physically comfortable sitting around the fire as they were without there being a sexual tone. 

It honestly felt like a teasing that it 'could' be more than that it actual was.

3 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

At least Nynaeve thinks there might be something. I understand how some of the viewers get that impression also from Lan's words, but their interaction inside the tent was nothing sexual. Just like the bath scene wasn't.

I think if you where watching it without the benefit of the books  that you would at least have a suspicion they are more than just platonic

1 minute ago, Arie said:

Just a general observation, the bond isn't sexual but there is certainly a physical comfort to it. Reinforced by the commentary between Moraine and Lan. 

Which, to me, feels like a Healthy Relationship. Sexual, maybe, but there is comfort in companionship in a physical sense like touch, hugs, etc. It's why I so deeply appreciated how Alanna's Warders were just physically comfortable sitting around the fire as they were without there being a sexual tone. 

It honestly felt like a teasing that it 'could' be more than that it actual was.

We used to tease WAY worse around campfires in college. So yeah, it was nice and chill - relatively speaking. LOL

Just now, Arie said:

*chuckles* Yes. 

And how many have joined green because 'bond all the warders'. 

I dunno, my humor on the matter sort of gives a peripheral view on the matter of assumption vs fact.

Pretty much every Greenie but me I guess. I maintain I'm too much to handle by my lonesome ?

Just now, Harad the White said:

Actually the world of WoT is a celibate world. Babies are delivered via weaves of Aes Sedai midwives. It's quite chaste. No worries.

Tell that to Mesaana. So...tell that to me I guess ?

Hard tie between the two in my opening post:

I thought it was so heroic. The Battle Ajah, warriors trained to defend humanity from the Dark One at the Last Battle. But I never thought I'd see it myself.

and 

You are welcome around our fire, as long as you promise not to shove anyone into it

2 minutes ago, Arie said:

*laughs*

As amusing at that is.. 

We're getting a little off topic. ?

Anyone have a favorite quote from the shows so far?

For delivery Matt saying 

I see You 

to the Fade in the farmhouse

bit of a disappointment the guy playing Matt has been the standout in the show for mine and hes leaving

Just now, Mailman said:

For delivery Matt saying 

I see You 

to the Fade in the farmhouse

bit of a disappointment the guy playing Matt has been the standout in the show for mine and hes leaving

Maybe his replacement will dial it up to 11. Hard to say. Least you know you will get a few more episodes of Mat 1.0