DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Someone claims to have seen all of season 1 - Sarah Nakamura said its false

DaddyFinn

Edit. Most likely false. Mods can delete this if they want to. ?

Found it on The Dusty Wheel discord. It's probably easy to find yourself so here's the link.

https:

//www.reddit.com/r/WoT/comments/q5rf4c/i_have_seen_the_entire_first_season_some/

Can we keep all of the talking and speculations of that in this thread and USE SPOILERS? I for one don't want to read that because I want to see the changes myself and it's not 100% certain thats real. It's only two months until last episode airs.

Edited by DaddyFinn

• DaddyFinn changed the title to Someone claims to have seen all of season 1. SPECULATE HERE!
  • DaddyFinn changed the title to Someone claims to have seen all of season 1 - Sarah Nakamura said its false

To be fair even if they were true Sarah would still have to dismiss them as fake.

The fact that she feels the need to dismiss them in the first place combined with the words she used make me wonder if some of the stuff suggested might be hitting a little too close to truth for her comfort.

Just now, AusLeviathan said:

To be fair even if they were true Sarah would still have to dismiss them as fake.

The fact that she feels the need to dismiss them in the first place combined with the words she used make me wonder if some of the stuff suggested might be hitting a little too close to truth for her comfort.

Why would she bring more attention to it if it's true?

It honestly seems believable to me. So either the poster is good at palm reading type believable platitudes, or it’s true.  There are weirdly specific things that almost makes it more believable, but I guess could be just his tactic to make it feel more authentic. 

As much as I'm a book purist and hate changes, I will deal with some pretty big ones and try to enjoy the show anyways. That being said:

Spoiler

If they make Egwene a possible Dragon Reborn, I'm gonna flip. To me, you might as well spit on RJ's grave then. That would be such a massively unfaithful change.

2 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

Why would she bring more attention to it if it's all false? It's a reddit post that's only getting the attention of a few die hard fans, there was nothing to gain by addressing it in either case.

there was nothing to gain by not addressing it either. when it comes to those mind games, there's literally NOTHING anyone can do that will not look suspicious to someone wanting to be suspicious.

they deny it? why bother, unless it was actually true. they don't deny it? well of course they can't, because it's true.

it was the same with brandon giving his praise to the show: oh, but he was contractually obligated to do it. oh yes, he wholeheartedly supported it, but if you twist everything he said and look at all the specific things he didn't say, it can come off as not a praise at all.

look at conspiracy theories. nothing you can do will persuade people that they are false. it's the same here.

19 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

As much as I'm a book purist and hate changes, I will deal with some pretty big ones and try to enjoy the show anyways. That being said:

Hide contents

If they make Egwene a possible Dragon Reborn, I'm gonna flip. To me, you might as well spit on RJ's grave then. That would be such a massively unfaithful change.

Spoiler

I didn't see that in the list - it says Egwene is ta'veren but that doesn't mean she's necessarily one of the potentials.

I agree with you that it would be a problematic change though - the Dragon is the one who's supposed to "go mad and break the world". It would be hard to instill the same fearful potential with a Saidar user

I'd just say that there are any number of ways that elements of the show could leak but even leakers can be unreliable about what they saw and interpret.  I remember before the Last Jedi was released a similar posting was made that somewhat identified a major story beat of the second movie but had it happening in the first one.  I've always thought that they managed to obtain an early rough draft of a pre-production document and ran with it.

I'd go with take it all with a big grain of salt but you can never really be sure. 

Edited by TheDreadReader