DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NY Comic Con Discussion Thread

Elder_Haman

NYCC is today and there's been a promise of exclusive footage/content. For those of you who didn't buy a digital ticket, fear not! The main stage is being livestreamed and is not behind a paywall. 

Here's the link if you're interested. The Wheel of Time panel begins at 11:30 Pacific Time (2:30 Eastern Time). 

Ok that clip. I love it sofar. You can tell the unease of a stranger showing up in the TR. And then when its announced she's an Aes Sedai it was like a weight just settled on everyone's chests. Just sucking the joy out of the room. 

That's the right attitude and mood for somewhere so far from the Tower.

I do like that Rafe is  saying "In OUR world" - meaning he is imagining himself in randland. 

And that's the way I feel too - as long as "It feels like the books, in that intangible way" that it could satisfy old fans and bring in new ones.

2 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Like I said above. Totally nailed the atmosphere. Love the throwaway inn music which just dies when the doors fly open.

And the mood goes from jovial to cautious. Then the word Sedai comes out and goes just on knife edge. Such a subtle swap but you can just feel it in your gut. 

Digging it.  Watched it 4 times now.  Nothing to dislike on my part.  Very solid.

As @CaddySedai said, atmosphere, music, reactions to Aes Sedai were great.  Lan's entrance a bit over the top but I can live with it just fine.  And I guess it wasn't the entrance so much as the challenging stance with hood up that seemed unnecessary (he wouldn't have done that in the Borderlands) - but just a minor thing.

Got vacation put in for the premiere - I'm ready to go.  Bring it!!!

Edited by DojoToad

Gah I go back and forth on this. I like Perrin and Rand. Lan’s fine although the hood reveal is a little silly. I’m not at all sold on Eg, Nyn, and Mo. Which is obviously not encouraging from my perspective. Is Nyn clutching a knife?!

And not that it matters, really at all, but an Aes Sedai warming herself at the hearth…..

Edited by Beidomon

18 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

That part was massive cringe lol

Between the Lan pose and the Warder jumping with axes like he's in a Marvel movie... can we maybe just get like a Pose Coach on set to tamp some of these things down? Like Zach Snyder, but the opposite? 

Seriously though, this was great. My overall enthusiasm was kind of waning, didn't especially love the trailer, but this brought me right back to where I was when I first heard Amazon bought the rights.