DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Images Released!

Elder_Haman

12 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

I also really like the overall feel and colors of those pictures. WoT isn't always dark and gritty.

Me too. There is a time for darkness and grit, but Jordan's world is full of color and vibrancy - at least until the Dark One begins to touch the Pattern. Keep it bright at the beginning, otherwise you have nowhere to go when the darkness really sets in.

32 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Me too. There is a time for darkness and grit, but Jordan's world is full of color and vibrancy - at least until the Dark One begins to touch the Pattern. Keep it bright at the beginning, otherwise you have nowhere to go when the darkness really sets in.

I wonder if they will implement the looong heat period before using the Bowl

I really like that they dyed Rosamund Pike's eyebrows. That's nice attention to detail, and one of my few complaints about Game of Thrones costuming decisions was the actors whose character hair color didn't match their natural hair color looking unnatural because they didn't match the eyebrows.

Anyway, they look suspiciously clean. As a former soldier who spent a lot of time living out on the land, if they look like that all the time, it's going to not look right to me, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume this is when Moiraine first meets everyone at Emond's Field and they're all cleaned up for formalities.

13 minutes ago, AdamA said:

Anyway, they look suspiciously clean. As a former soldier who spent a lot of time living out on the land, if they look like that all the time, it's going to not look right to me,

But Moiraine can just clean herself up with the One Power. Bing, bam, boom.

Yeah that doesn't appear to be his book sword.  It will be interesting to see what they are doing with that.  Will he be presented his actual sword when they get to Fal'Dara to explain that he is actually a King.  Maybe this sword breaks at some point and then we get an explanation about Power wrought weapons?

Who Knows!?!

4 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Egwene and Rand have more chemistry in that single still than they did in the entire book series...

She like dumps him right at the start and tells him to go for Elane unless they get back together in books I don’t know but his not with Egwene for long

1 minute ago, Pembie said:

She like dumps him right at the start and tells him to go for Elane unless they get back together in books I don’t know but his not with Egwene for long

That doesn't happen formally until the start of Book 4.  Unfortunately we are told they are promised to each other but they barely interact with each other during the first book.  Presumable the showrunners are cranking up the emotion along with the characters ages.  All of this just for the relationship to crash and burn which makes it all the more tragic for us.  We don't know this trains route but we know its destination and it will be heartbreaking.

12 hours ago, AdamA said:

I really like that they dyed Rosamund Pike's eyebrows. That's nice attention to detail, and one of my few complaints about Game of Thrones costuming decisions was the actors whose character hair color didn't match their natural hair color looking unnatural because they didn't match the eyebrows.

That bugged my, too. But it's probably easier to darken eyebrows (even temporarily) than to bleach them. Or maybe the actress was okay with it. Emilia Clarke wore a wig, she didn't dye her actual hair.

Lan is at lease wearing the Hadori. I hadn't noticed that before in earlier pics, and it really bothered me.

Moiraine looks gorgeous, in a "village woman" kind of way. I'd expect an Aes Sedai to look a bit more ... polished. Better hair. After all, as Elder Haman said:

14 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Moiraine can just clean herself up with the One Power. Bing, bam, boom.

?

14 minutes ago, Elgee said:

Lan is at lease wearing the Hadori. I hadn't noticed that before in earlier pics, and it really bothered me.

Moiraine looks gorgeous, in a "village woman" kind of way. I'd expect an Aes Sedai to look a bit more ... polished. Better hair. After all, as Elder Haman said:

?

Maybe she's trying to blend in. Or at least, stand out less. It's only once the Trollocs showed up that she revealed she's an Aes Sedai.