DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Curious, "His Dark Material's" coming to the big s

Curtis818

I just learned that Philip Pullman's His Dark Material's Trilogy is coming to the movie screen. Should be interesting to see how well the director and writers transfer it. Eragon, The Harry Potter movies, and even Lord of the Rings left out or changed parts of the books for the movie. The worst was Eragon. Take a book with very little original thought to begin with, and see it hacked up on screen. I struggled to make myself sit through the whole thing.

Anyhow, I think, "The Golden Compass"(or "Northern Lights" depending on where you are) should transfer well to cinema. I'm not so sure about the other two but I understand there are already plans to begin "The Subtle Knife". The cast looks to be top-notch and it seems that Pullman is using his clout to keep the integrity of the books intact. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

His Dark Materials is a brilliant series; one I certainly need to re-read at some point! I am looking forward to the films. I am fairly sure things will be lost in translation as it were, but overall, I'm sure they'll do a good job with it.

Edit: Also, this might be a good topic for the Seanchan as that is the Movie Org!

i'm sure the film makers will read something completely different than what i read. i'm kinda curious to see their interpretation. maybe make it mine for a day. who knows. i read that series in ... grade eight. i don't trust my grade8-judgement.

Archived