DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Forsaken and how to handle them in the show...

templar7

On 10/1/2021 at 2:09 AM, JaimAybara said:

This is a great question. A part of me is the optimist and wants to keep them all but the pragmatist list is below.

1) Demandred - Pivotal / Keep

2) Ishamael - Pivotal / Keep

3) Lanfear - Pivotal / Keep 

4) Rahvin - Great Fight/decent screen time but could probably fold into another character. 

5) Moghedian - Pivotal / Keep 

6) Mesanna - Pivotal / Keep 

7) Graendal - Great subplot, but could likely fold into someone else. Moghedien maybe? 

8)Asmodean - Teaches (you know who) but is it necessary that he does? He’s an interesting personality as well and has decent time on the page and could build intrigue on screen.

9) Bel’lal - Could likely fold into another character. 

Leave out: 

1) Sammael - He’s one of the only one’s I truly can’t think of an argument to keep. So, if I had to remove at least one it would be him.

2) Semirhage - Maybe fold into someone else or get rid of? I’m not sure.

3) Aginor Perhaps have their roles given to someone else? They are important though.

4) Balthamel -They too serve a purpose.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:09 AM, JaimAybara said:

I forgot to count. But how many Forsaken figures were there in Episode 5?

Producers have a limited budget and some Forsaken get very minimal action and appearance and most of it behind scenes. Combining them to get greater role for them would make them more impactful and save money. The only major requirement I have they have to have equal ratio of male to female plus Ishamael.

1. Demandred = Mazin Taim (RJ original plan)

2. Lanfear 

3. Rahvin - combine with Sammael (perhaps move end battle to Shadar Logoth to get connection with Moridin)

4. Moghedien (necessary for Nynaeve and Brigitte)

6. Graendal- combine with Semirhage

7.Mesaana - combine with Aran'gar , she can manipulate both Aes Sedai groups easily and change her appearances

8 Asmodean - needs to teach DR

9 Ba'alzamon/Ishamael/Moridin

‐‐-

Feel free to drop or combine:

1. Aginor/Osan'gar - feels like he is there just there to get to #13, all of his appearances are partnered with other Forsaken or Darkfriends who can take over his lines.

2. Be'lal - 2 minor appearances, threatens Rand to take Callador, gets killed instantly by Moraine. Some of his lines can be given to Ishamael or Lanfear.

3. Sammael - can be combined with Rahvin character.

4. Semirhage - should be combined with Graendal. Can be both mental and physical abuser/torturer easily making her the most terrifying female Forsaken with horror plot.

5. Aran'gar- if Rafe is smart he would steer clear of problematic aspects of this character and fold her "join the rebels" arc with "control the Tower" arc of Masaana

Edited by Masha

7 hours ago, Masha said:

I forgot to count. But how many Forsaken figures were there in Episode 5?

Producers have a limited budget and some Forsaken get very minimal action and appearance and most of it behind scenes. Combining them to get greater role for them would make them more impactful and save money. The only major requirement I have they have to have equal ratio of male to female plus Ishamael.

1. Demandred = Mazin Taim (RJ original plan)

2. Lanfear 

3. Rahvin - combine with Sammael (perhaps move end battle to Shadar Logoth to get connection with Moridin)

4. Moghedien (necessary for Nynaeve and Brigitte)

6. Graendal- combine with Semirhage

7.Mesaana - combine with Aran'gar , she can manipulate both Aes Sedai groups easily and change her appearances

8 Asmodean - needs to teach DR

9 Ba'alzamon/Ishamael/Moridin

‐‐-

Feel free to drop or combine:

1. Aginor/Osan'gar - feels like he is there just there to get to #13, all of his appearances are partnered with other Forsaken or Darkfriends who can take over his lines.

2. Be'lal - 2 minor appearances, threatens Rand to take Callador, gets killed instantly by Moraine. Some of his lines can be given to Ishamael or Lanfear.

3. Sammael - can be combined with Rahvin character.

4. Semirhage - should be combined with Graendal. Can be both mental and physical abuser/torturer easily making her the most terrifying female Forsaken with horror plot.

5. Aran'gar- if Rafe is smart he would steer clear of problematic aspects of this character and fold her "join the rebels" arc with "control the Tower" arc of Masaana

I think there was only 8-9 which is what I was anticipating.