DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

Analiese Sinclaer

Hi, my name is Ana. I've been reading WoT since '97, I believe. I've was a part of the community of Wotmania (now closed down) a long time ago and I'm currently also a member of another community. I know some people from there that are here as well and decided I wanted to check it out finally, especially with the show coming out. 

I go into WoT because, when I was 12, my  older theater friends insisted for a year that I would like them. I finally caved after hearing one of them read aloud a scene from The Shadow Rising, when the bubbles of evil were attacking. I do have to say, if you can get a thesbian to read WoT to you, do it. I was hooked after that and pestered my friends to talk theory and whatnot until they escaped to college a few years later. 

Anyway, Hi!

The other community is TarValon.net, I've been there about 11 years off and on and I use the same name there. and feel free to call me Ana as well. 

I have tried the audio books, but I am not an auditory learner, and I can't concentrate on the words. It just becomes noise that doesn't mean anything after a while. I wish I could, though, because I used to be able to do that when I was a kid and I liked listening to stories. I did get the chapters that were released early before the last three books from Tor, and I enjoyed listening to those. 

Hi Ana, welcome!

I started not long after you with the series, though I must say I've never had a thesbian read them to me, beyond the audiobooks I used to finish the series finally ?

(I used to have an issue with audiobooks blurring while I wasn't concentrating, but these days I have a 1.5hr commute to work and have learned to get into them!!)

Anywho, this is definitely a good place to talk theory and whatnot, and the TV show... enjoy!!

Welcome to Dragonmount, Ana! I hope you're going to love it here ?

14 hours ago, Analiese Sinclaer said:

I have tried the audio books, but I am not an auditory learner, and I can't concentrate on the words. It just becomes noise that doesn't mean anything after a while.

I'm exactly the same! I used to beg my teachers to just give me the handbooks to read, because whatever they're saying up front in the class just becomes "blah blah fish paste" from the 3rd sentence ?

Do you mind telling us where you're from? I ask, because the name Analiese sounds more Afrikaans/Dutch/German than English. I'm from South Africa, and my home language is Afrikaans (derived mostly from Dutch and German).

Hi Analiese (I'll call you Anam if you call me Dae ? , welcome! I'm still fairly new but can say this is a friendly and fun bunch over here.

I know I have been a part of some other WoT site but it must have gone away, and I can't remember what its name was anyway (I checked, it was not TarValon.net).

I am more of a reader too. Audiobooks have only managed to put me to sleep, as I used to be read to sleep, I suppose.

Hope you have a great day and a wonderful time here ?

12 hours ago, Cass said:

Hi Ana, welcome!

I started not long after you with the series, though I must say I've never had a thesbian read them to me, beyond the audiobooks I used to finish the series finally ?

(I used to have an issue with audiobooks blurring while I wasn't concentrating, but these days I have a 1.5hr commute to work and have learned to get into them!!)

Anywho, this is definitely a good place to talk theory and whatnot, and the TV show... enjoy!!

Thank you so much for the welcome! Yeah, when I was a kid we'd roadtrip and Mama would listen to Books On Tape, and I loved them, but now, I am lucky to even get a paragraph in before the blur of noise, lol.  

As for Danny reading to us, It wasn't just a reading, it was a performance; I could see the Mirror Rands and the Ax, and the Cards, and feel the desperation.  

11 hours ago, Elgee said:

Welcome to Dragonmount, Ana! I hope you're going to love it here ?

I'm exactly the same! I used to beg my teachers to just give me the handbooks to read, because whatever they're saying up front in the class just becomes "blah blah fish paste" from the 3rd sentence ?

Do you mind telling us where you're from? I ask, because the name Analiese sounds more Afrikaans/Dutch/German than English. I'm from South Africa, and my home language is Afrikaans (derived mostly from Dutch and German).

Elgee, I am from the US. I'm from the north east coast, but I'm a military brat and ended up growing up in the southern US, in Louisiana. I came up with the name because a girl from a play I was in had that name. She was older, really cool, from NYC and really edgy, but also incredibly nice. She didn't have to be so nice to an annoying little squirt like me, and I just adored her. Anyway, like a year later, I had to come up with a pen name, can't remember why, and I liked how her name looked on paper, much better than mine anyway, so I used it. Sinclaer I liked from a book, but I changed the usual spelling because I like the look of ae words. 

For myself, I am of Irish, Scottish, Spanish, and Polish/Austrian Jewish descent, and a bunch of other things as well. My real name, Kaitlyn, is Irish.

10 hours ago, Daenelia said:

Hi Analiese (I'll call you Anam if you call me Dae ? , welcome! I'm still fairly new but can say this is a friendly and fun bunch over here.

I know I have been a part of some other WoT site but it must have gone away, and I can't remember what its name was anyway (I checked, it was not TarValon.net).

I am more of a reader too. Audiobooks have only managed to put me to sleep, as I used to be read to sleep, I suppose.

Hope you have a great day and a wonderful time here ?

Its great to meet you, Dae! I'm sure we'll both have a great time!