DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Wheel of Time and Metal Music!

Giovannicaffarella

Good afternoon, my friends!

For my first back, I would like to know how many of you really love metal and and any W.O.T. bands or songs!

One source I personally use is Metal Archives. Still, there does not appear to be many bands dedicated to our beloved series.

I did however find some that are very interesting!

Lavos Beckon

This is a friendly entrance into the world of metal without being off putting.

MSHDR

Oh my! Now this is something else!

And besides Blind Guardian's At the Edge of Time album, does anyone else know of any other bands or songs with W.O.T inspiration! I would love to know!

And finally, I myself am working on an e.p. of a W.O.T. themed album in the vein of technical death metal. Stay tuned for any updates!

Thanks everyone, and I look forwarding to hearing from any metal lovers out there!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 1:09 AM, Seaine's eyebrows said:

From memory I'm pretty sure there's a band called Myrddraal - my husband uses Discogs and is forever pointing out WoT metal bands to me ? I think there might be a lot more out there than we realise!

I forgot to check this post but yes I have seen there is so much more then I thought!

On 11/26/2021 at 7:10 PM, ArrylT said:

Thanks for this thread - As someone who loves both WOT & Metal I was totally unaware there was any possibility of a crossover.  

For me as a metal musician of the extreme side, I automatically thought that the themes of The Dark One and The Last Battle made it a no brainer for me to try. I still need to get back to the 2 songs I was rewriting as I am always working on some other material at the moment! Horns up!

16 minutes ago, Giovannicaffarella said:

For me as a metal musician of the extreme side, I automatically thought that the themes of The Dark One and The Last Battle made it a no brainer for me to try. I still need to get back to the 2 songs I was rewriting as I am always working on some other material at the moment! Horns up!

If you ever feel like sharing them - I would certainly be happy to give them a listen.    

I certainly like the WOTTV music atm but I would definitely love to see some metal music interpretations by fans & musicians.