DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How would you cast the Trakands and the Forsaken?

Guest Wolfbrother31

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, Elgee said:

There is that, yes. But hopefully not THAT much.

15 to 18 isn't a huge difference... And far less icky if Perrin is supposed to be 20, and she doesn't come into the show for 2 or 3 seasons...

Just now, MasterAblar said:

Don't really see how you can remove Faile from the show entirely. She's far too central to Perrin's entire storyline.

I don't want them to remove her from the story at all. 

People are throwing around Rumors that Perrin kills his first wife during winters night.  That alone would be a massive change to his character. (One on paper, I don't like).
If they did that massive change though, who knows if they keep Faile at all? If Rafe hates Faile like 95% of the fanbase, who's to say he doesn't just yeet her off a clif? ? 

23 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

15 to 18 isn't a huge difference... And far less icky if Perrin is supposed to be 20, and she doesn't come into the show for 2 or 3 seasons...

I don't want them to remove her from the story at all. 

People are throwing around Rumors that Perrin kills his first wife during winters night.  That alone would be a massive change to his character. (One on paper, I don't like).
If they did that massive change though, who knows if they keep Faile at all? If Rafe hates Faile like 95% of the fanbase, who's to say he doesn't just yeet her off a clif? ? 

I don't want to rehash it but never got all the Faile hate. She will be a good character if they keep her.  Saldean culture is cool.  Cutting her might deprive us of that also. 

Edited by Guire

Guest Wolfbrother31
7 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I agree. Don't like that at all. 

I think the rumors in part stem from the fact that a Laila Aybara has been rumored to have been cast. 

40 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Along the lines of rumors ...

What do y'all think about the rumor that Ceara Coveney has been cast for Elayne? 

She looks the part. Haven't seen her in anything.  They need a good actress if she gets entire arc.  She will need to be able to code switch from regal to petulant a lot.

17 hours ago, Guire said:

I don't want to rehash it but never got all the Faile hate. She will be a good character if they keep her.  Saldean culture is cool.  Cutting her might deprive us of that also. 

I never really got the Faile hate either.   If the character is written and performed well there is a lot of potential comic relief with her character.   

My theory is that they cast Faile fairly early and they are going to introduce her (and by extension the horn and the hunt for the horn) earlier.   Jordan had the tendency to introduce an element into the story and then explain it later.  That may not work as well with a lot of modern readers/mass market viewers.  So, introducing her as a hunter early may make more sense to the show writers.

I figure there are three places they could do it.  First, she's in the two rivers already.  Second, she meets up with Perrin/Egwene along the way.  Third, She and Loial are together when Rand/Mat meet up with Loial.

I could be very wrong, of course...

I think a lot of people's Faile hate is really just Perrin hate. They hate that he's so obsessive about her, especially when she's kinda mean to him sometimes. The fact that the kidnapping plot lasted three books didn't help either.

I think Faile will be a great TV character. And I actually think the kidnapping plot will be good on screen as well - provided they play it out over 2 or 3 episodes.

Also, I know nothing about Ceara Coveney, but she's obviously been cast as somebody. She certainly looks like she could be Elayne.

I think Ceara would work. She looks the part, and seems like a really good actress to boot.

Rachelle Lefevre is still my favourite for Morgase. She's a good actress, and looks that part too.

Going off topic somewhat, what about Nils Allen "Booboo" Stewart Jr for Narishma? He's so damned cute! Plus, the hair!

21 minutes ago, Elgee said:

I think Ceara would work. She looks the part, and seems like a really good actress to boot.

Rachelle Lefevre is still my favourite for Morgase. She's a good actress, and looks that part too.

Going off topic somewhat, what about Nils Allen "Booboo" Stewart Jr for Narishma? He's so damned cute! Plus, the hair!

Rachel leFevre would work well.  

16 hours ago, mogi68 said:

Gillian Anderson as Morgase

Decent actress, but not Morgase for me.  I thought I remembered her being described as a more lush/ripe version of Elayne - I think in EotW.

Those are not two words that leap to mind with Gillian.  But as we know, book descriptions are not necessarily translating to TV...

Edited by DojoToad