DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Start Time

DojoToad

So according to a source who watched "The Expanse" religiously, the new Amazon shows actually debut at 9 P.M. pacific time the day prior to the release. So in this case, we can posit that the first three episodes will hit at 9 p.m. on 11/18.

Though I'm not sure how daylight savings impacts that...

• 1 month later...

With the show only 4 short weeks away now, does anyone have any educated guesses on when a full trailer might drop? What is the shortest time frame they would leave between trailer and premiere?

(And does it seem like just yesterday to anyone else that we were all guessing at when the show would finally come out, right about the time we were starting to get those first tiny teasers (the sword, the guitar, the Winespring Inn) and speculation was all over the board as to when it would premiere? That was a year ago!!!)

1 hour ago, Borderlander said:

With the show only 4 short weeks away now, does anyone have any educated guesses on when a full trailer might drop? What is the shortest time frame they would leave between trailer and premiere?

(And does it seem like just yesterday to anyone else that we were all guessing at when the show would finally come out, right about the time we were starting to get those first tiny teasers (the sword, the guitar, the Winespring Inn) and speculation was all over the board as to when it would premiere? That was a year ago!!!)

So my last educated guess - that it would debut during Thursday Night Football - was a giant flop. To be honest, their marketing strategy has been baffling. 

This weekend, there is a major WoT event going on in London. See this Twitter feed for more information. The tweet that introduced the new micro-teaser referenced "a new series" called the "Wheel of Time - Explained" which suggests another few micro-teasers may be coming in the next few days. So I would not be shocked for something to release over the weekend.

I will eat my hat if we don't have a "theatrical trailer" by the end of next week...

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Assuming. When will we stop assuming?  That is the question that needs answered 

We'll be assuming until the day it comes out.

If you check that tweet, and some of the ones after it, they talk about how other shows on Prime also launch at that same time. So there's pretty good evidence that a midnight GMT launch will happen.

BUT 
DST is coming up, so...

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

We'll be assuming until the day it comes out.

If you check that tweet, and some of the ones after it, they talk about how other shows on Prime also launch at that same time. So there's pretty good evidence that a midnight GMT launch will happen.

BUT 
DST is coming up, so...

Yes, you will need to adjust for the end of DST, but UTC (which is the time on which release is based) is unaffected. It will still release at 00:00 hours UTC time on 11/19.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:39 PM, JJLXL said:

Would love to see 1.5 hours.  More likely just shy of an hour each.  Gonna say 47 minute average.

We know for a fact that the first 2 episodes will be 50-55 min long. The screening that will be on Stockholm film festival for the first 2 episodes will be 111 min total. They probably will have cut out any "previously on" and intro from episode 2, so 50-55 actual runtime per episodes seems likely. 

• Community Administrator
6 minutes ago, Pembie said:

Would I have to have read all the books before watching it?

Im on book 7 I’m feeling quite burnt out if I’m honest but I will probably forget what is going on if I take a break and I don’t find it that good for rereads at the moment 

It covers book 1, and parts of 2 & 3, so I doubt you need to read the whole series to watch it.

5 hours ago, Pembie said:

Would I have to have read all the books before watching it?

Im on book 7 I’m feeling quite burnt out if I’m honest but I will probably forget what is going on if I take a break and I don’t find it that good for rereads at the moment 

You don't have to read any of the books before watching.  Just sit back and enjoy.