DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Start Time

DojoToad

22 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Ewww, no. I think Oosquai is like ouzo. Blech. Just a good Ebou Dari wine please, not that swill they serve in the Rahad.

Don't drink wine/beer and I don't like the ouzo.  So I will pretend my Captain and Coke is Tam's brandy and call it good!

Edited by DojoToad

I believe I shall have a cookie. Like this one. But correct. I am not sure why the baker dropped the wrong color not once but twice on our ancient symbol but when it is made for me I will not tolerate such carelessness. 

68C35349-EFB6-4DD8-B42E-EE1EB4394779.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

I believe I shall have a cookie. Like this one. But correct. I am not sure why the baker dropped the wrong color not once but twice on our ancient symbol but when it is made for me I will not tolerate such carelessness. 

68C35349-EFB6-4DD8-B42E-EE1EB4394779.jpeg

Son in law's family has a bakery.  Many mini Aes Sedai cakes and red hand cookies will be made.

7 hours ago, Rand520 said:

I just had to mention that I’m still on my first read. About 2/3 way through The Gathering Storm. My plan has been to finish right before the show started. Going to be a great time! I’m getting my relatives interested in it also.

Keep recruiting.  Grow the movement!

I'll probably be all set at the wrong day at the wrong time. It's how it usually is.

I am assuming it will be one episode per week, right? Because binging would be wrong. So we will pick a day that suits us to fit it into our schedule. Friday night seems right, but I am in Europe, maybe we wont get it until Saturday evening. Which means we will have to have finished watching Blake's 7 by then. Lemme calculate... No, we will be at episode 26 by then, with 26 more to go.

I will then just have to move Blake's 7 to Friday and watch WoT on Saturdays. There will be pizza and chocolate. We will watch it together: my guy has read the first 3 books, but doesn't remember. The dog will sit between us on the sofa, hopefully interested in any wolves on screen. The cat will be Garfielding on the armrest of the sofa. And I will keep a very open mind.

31 minutes ago, Daenelia said:

I'll probably be all set at the wrong day at the wrong time. It's how it usually is.

I am assuming it will be one episode per week, right? Because binging would be wrong. So we will pick a day that suits us to fit it into our schedule. Friday night seems right, but I am in Europe, maybe we wont get it until Saturday evening. Which means we will have to have finished watching Blake's 7 by then. Lemme calculate... No, we will be at episode 26 by then, with 26 more to go.

I will then just have to move Blake's 7 to Friday and watch WoT on Saturdays. There will be pizza and chocolate. We will watch it together: my guy has read the first 3 books, but doesn't remember. The dog will sit between us on the sofa, hopefully interested in any wolves on screen. The cat will be Garfielding on the armrest of the sofa. And I will keep a very open mind.

I think Amazon tends to release it's weekly shows at midnight UTC time when Thursday turns to Friday. This ends up being Thursday nights in the US. (I think)

As for release schedule - they've confirmed they will release the first three episodes at once, followed by a weekly release for the rest of the show.

I really don't want to binge this... But if the first episode is really good and we get a cliffhanger, I may not be able to stop.

There is just something about waiting a week to see the next episode in a series. I will keep my fingers crossed it will be a Friday night show for us. In that case it will be Flammkuchen Friday, which seems more thematic food than pizza anyway ?