DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do y'all think of the Trailer?

Elgee

So while there are pics floating around of just about everything. I figured the first set will be featuring Aes Sedai ?

These will be ripped from the trailer itself so wont be as clean as HD images released. But then again you can just GET those images off google so this is nice too ? and any time a ring appears I am gonna screen it lol.

image.thumb.png.fb9c0976eb4588b333a3a62e4d29527a.png

image.thumb.png.9cef9ef90f62e1c24e694bb3fa428a17.png

image.thumb.png.14f61c2bbb2e5bdb8ab079a22b83e70f.png

That's good for now I suspect. If you like more just let me know hehe.

I loved it all but I had some concerns about Tar Valon. If you are interested I did a post over in the TV discussion forums lol.

Has some other imagery ?

Edited by CaddySedai

The more I watch it, the more I cry.. the "Memory becomes Legend" just gives me shivers for more than it just being a quote. 

The books, the history, it's all in my memory and living in there, and it's being released into the world and it's gunna be LEGENDARY... just all the feels.

4 minutes ago, Arie said:

The more I watch it, the more I cry.. the "Memory becomes Legend" just gives me shivers for more than it just being a quote. 

The books, the history, it's all in my memory and living in there, and it's being released into the world and it's gunna be LEGENDARY... just all the feels.

*hugs*

*hugs*

I am just open-minded about it all. After seeing so many iterations of fanart, and RP worlds, communities. I feel like this is just going to be a love letter to the books and unless the story goes really-really off base, I will be happy. It's out of my hands, and I'm just going to enjoy it. 

And wait obsessively for every episode release. XD

Lmao, I agree. To be honest the LOTR movies didn’t follow the books exactly. They were awesome. Same goes for Potter but to a lesser extent (deviation wise not enjoyment wise)

I have high hopes and will be physically forcing my non WoT friends to watch. At Ter’angreal-point… lol. 

I was really excited to see the trailer. A few thoughts: 

The Tower: Not what I imagined. I'm sure a lot of things wont be, but this one was a little disappointing. When I think Ogier work, I think powerful, intricate, and at once delicate. 

The rings: What the bloody hell happened there?!?! No. Just absolutley no. 

Overall: *SQUEEEEE!* It's finally happening! As @Arie said, as long as they dont go too off base, I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm still on the fence about the Aes Sedai rings. Like, we who have the original double band are looking at them "Nah, that's not a real Aes Sedai Ring, THIS is an Aes Sedai ring."

While at the same time.. I secretly like it because those that are new are going to go with the TV version and those originals have this club of "past age" sedai rings who just KNOW the truth.

because i think of these things

@Arie Okay, I actually completely love that viewpoint on it. Right about now I'm wishing I had gotten the double band in gold so it could be as "real"/"accurate" as possible lol 

@CaddySedai I'm not going to lie, I'd probably buy it myself ? but it still feels wrong. It makes sense for the show and for simplicity (the stone/ajah) but ..  bah. 

It's like the Old Sedai are the real Black Ajah. ?

Oh, i'm buying on too. And making a stole. i look TERRIBLE in yellow, so i'm going to have to pick and choose some interesting fabrics and patterns if I feel up for cosplaying. Unlike before, how our whole outfit has to be our colors instead of just a shawl. 

Makes me wish I went red. ? I look hawt in red.

@MashiraSedai Fair, that being said sometimes TV and movie versions end up being amazing and in many ways dictating the future of things. I mean just look at Lord of the Rings. The other rings of power whenever used in art come from that and not the description in the novel. 

I try and always take each “version” as its own entity anyhow. Like the books are one portal stone reality. The tv series is another. The game is yet another. And when they do the AoL movies they too are yet another reality… another weave in the pattern. All REAL per se. ?

@Arie Lmao its kind of funny. I personally have always been a “outfit color” proponent. Ever since the game came out in 1998 and I immediately latched onto the idea of dressing my color lol. 

I like however it is not a “uniform” and they all show different fabrics, patterns, dress elements. Some are long, some short, some are basically the Randland equivalent of Yoga Pants. lol

Also I looooove what they did for the Amrylin. Like with each Ajah dressing its color there was a real possibility of a Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat moment. But they held back and did that amazing subdued rainbow on the collar. Just Lovely. 

Cuz it could have easily gone south. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d43cb5391cc04401c58af964ec38ca8f.jpeg

@CaddySedai I was a LOT watcher, not reader, so unfortunately no personal insight there, but I definitely get where you're coming from. I love DM, and the Red is home here. I would never be a Randland Red, nor would I ever want DM to change. Different weavings of the wheel. 

Also completely agree on the stole/collar ? it didnt really even occur to me how badly that could have went!