DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yeah, I'm a moron.

Colin al'Caar

The last time I read through the entire series was several years ago.  I only NOW discover "From the Two Rivers."  Is this just the first half of Eye of the World?  Is there additional content that can't be missed?  Have I been living in a cave for the last 10 years?

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t mean it in a way like boo canon prologue boo sorta way lol. More that if I want them I need to buy a new version(s) of a book I already have. Just kinda wish they had a minibook that I could slot right next to my original EotW lol. 

• Community Administrator
2 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

I don’t mean it in a way like boo canon prologue boo sorta way lol. More that if I want them I need to buy a new version(s) of a book I already have. Just kinda wish they had a minibook that I could slot right next to my original EotW lol. 

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you meant that. Was talking about the cash grab part.
It kind of was a cash grab to attract the YA crowd, make the books shorter, double the number of books they could sell... But I think they just stopped after splitting the Great Hunt.

I absolutely love the cover art on these versions... and wish they did the whole set...
Thehuntbegins.jpg
New Threads in the Pattern: The Great Hunt, Part 2 by Robert Jordan

Truth. Cover art is always amazing and its nice to see some of the fluidity we saw in later books get pulled back to the original books. 

I wonder almost - if this tv show is successful (hoping it is so) will we become like HP books with their 60 bajillion variant covers lol. 

And yes I caved to the cash grab with them just to get my Slytherin house set. Yay green. 

3 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

And yes I caved to the cash grab with them just to get my Slytherin house set. Yay green. 

Light help me I just realized I would absolutely cave to have an Ajah Set. 

I am doomed. 

And I agree though I understand the desire to focus on the show scenery. 

If they wanted to to the fanbase a solid they could make it a dual cover - show on top and either the original or modernized book cover below. 

I seem to remember that being a thing books used to do once upon a time with special edition covers. 

15 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

I am torn...

Complete the set... or give in to a blatant cash grab.

Argh

As far as I can tell, it's just a few pages about the child Egwene. It makes no sense and doesn't contribute to the series in any way, that I can see.

• Community Administrator
13 minutes ago, Elgee said:

As far as I can tell, it's just a few pages about the child Egwene. It makes no sense and doesn't contribute to the series in any way, that I can see.

It fleshed out life in the Two Rivers, culture, what people did, and then it ended with some nice foreshadowing of the character's futures.