DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you think of the new first look photos?!

Beidomon

4 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

I do know one thing, he was never described as wearing pajamas. 

Unless warder pajamas are also armor. lol. 

Let me slip into something more comfortable baby… *takes off heavy armor and gets into a nice light armor*

Actually found in the same chapter that Dojotoad talked about that Lan is wearing a Green scaled tunic and steel backed gauntlets.  So we at least know he has some armour for when in the Blight.  As for what Daniel Henney is wearing, it seems to be a more traditional Korean outfit as it seems they will be modeling Malkier or Shienar partially after Korean attire.

10 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

As for Lan wearing armor in the book itself, find me a description that implies he's wearing heavy plate armor?

I cannot.  EotW is the only mention of armor I can recall.  I put that description together with the non-canon cover art from the book to reach my conclusion.

Is there any description leading into the Last Battle regarding what the gathered Malkieri wear?

9 hours ago, Skipp said:

i had been racking my brain trying to think of a time when he was described as such.  So thanks for pointing it out.   Unfortunately it doesn't tell us what he was wearing.  Could be anything from a leather jerkin to a full breastplate.

True that.  And after @SinisterDeath's unrelenting assault of error-ridden cover art, we know we cannot rely on that.  So are the Children the only group in the book to regularly wear plate armor?

I am so disenfranchised...

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

I cannot.  EotW is the only mention of armor I can recall.  I put that description together with the non-canon cover art from the book to reach my conclusion.

Is there any description leading into the Last Battle regarding what the gathered Malkieri wear?

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

True that.  And after @SinisterDeath's unrelenting assault of error-ridden cover art, we know we cannot rely on that.  So are the Children the only group in the book to regularly wear plate armor?

I am so disenfranchised...

I look at it this way.
RJ described a LOT of stuff in microscopic detail, but things like armor and character descriptions were oft more vague.

RJ was great at having his readers fill in the blanks with their own imagination.

We never got a 3 or 4 paragraph Stephen King style description of the horror and carnage that went on. We were given vague details, and that vagueness caused us to fill it in with our own imaginative carnage, and horror.
Just like with character descriptions, we fill in our own missing blanks of what they look like.

• 1 year later...