DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Merch Do You Want Amazon to Sell?

Guest Wolfbrother31

Guest Wolfbrother31

I hope they're already developing a ton a products that they're going to sell when the show comes out.

Here's some things I hope for:

1) Swords and daggers. 

2) Lego Sets

3) Asha'man pins and Aes'Sedai rings

4) Costumes

5) Posters

Got any ideas for Amazon?! 

@Elder haman @Illian Tear@Borderlander@Asha'man Shar'aman @Arie@SinisterDeath@mistborn82 @Thrasymachus

A version of the Cadinsor i reckon could be a good seller for Cosplay and Hallo’wean. Maps of the Westlands, AS Rings would definitely sell well, Trolloc Masks, Shawls and or Caps of the 7 different Colours(maybe black as well), Dragon Tattoos(the stick on ones), Mugs, Playing Cards, Dice. Ogier Ears. 
how could i forget, definitely a Braided Wig.

Edited by Harldin

I don't want any merch. Years ago I got a single-sided Ter'angreal dream ring, like Egwene acquires, and ever since then my dreams have been absolutely bonkers. (Kidding!) But one small item from each show/series is enough for me. (My entire 'collection' includes an LOTR leaf-brooch like the ones Galadriel gave Frodo and the crew to fasten their cloaks, and a small painting that is in Indiana Jones's father's study of a knight walking across a chasm in pursuit of the Holy Grail.)

As the show progresses, though, who knows what might become 'must-have'? A Horn of Valere on the wall might look pretty cool... 

What I do want is an extended-edition behind-the-scenes 'Making Of WOT.' Not sure if that would be on DVD or blue-ray at this point or what, but I gots to have it. I think Rafe confirmed they are filming a lot of extra footage that could be used for that sort of thing, but whether the end result will be anything like on par with the LOTR extended-editions remains to be seen and probably depends somewhat on the success of the show. In fact, even I end up not entirely smitten with the show itself for any reason, I would still pay for the behind-the-scenes stuff to get an inside look at the why and how of it all. Watching the stuff for LOTR about the props and costumes and set-builds and WETA was almost as fun for me as watching the movies. Very few shows/movies merit that kind of in-depth look; I think WOT could be one of them.

(Edit: for sure I would buy an Asha'man lapel pin! I tried to find one online like ten years ago and couldn't find anything good, which is why I settled on the dream ring.)

Edited by Borderlander

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 hour ago, Harldin said:

A version of the Cadinsor i reckon could be a good seller for Cosplay and Hallo’wean. Maps of the Westlands, AS Rings would definitely sell well, Trolloc Masks, Shawls and or Caps of the 7 different Colours(maybe black as well), Dragon Tattoos(the stick on ones), Mugs, Playing Cards, Dice. Ogier Ears. 
how could i forget, definitely a Braided Wig.

All very good ideas. I would have said mugs, but I just ordered one from the Dusty Wheel; so I'm already good there!

11 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I hope they're already developing a ton a products that they're going to sell when the show comes out.

Here's some things I hope for:

1) Swords and daggers. 

2) Lego Sets

3) Asha'man pins and Aes'Sedai rings

4) Costumes

5) Posters

Got any ideas for Amazon?! 

@Elder haman @Illian Tear@Borderlander@Asha'man Shar'aman @Arie@SinisterDeath@mistborn82 @Thrasymachus

Definitely Asha’man pins. Nobody makes good ones. Heron-mark swords would be great too. I would like posters, especially of Lan or Rand. Other than that, there isn’t anything I’m really hoping for. 

2 minutes ago, lt;(^-^)gt; said:

I'm also not so much into merch, but if I was getting something as a gift I'd want either a dream ter'angreal or Mat's medallion. Those won't appear until much later seasons however.

Medallion would be cool. And I can see wanting an replica ashandarei at some point.

On 8/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Elder_Haman said:

Medallion would be cool. And I can see wanting an replica ashandarei at some point.

I've been close to commissioning an ashandarei a couple times, but ended up not pulling the trigger because of its size.  All of my current martial arts weapons from bo to katana to kama are fairly easy to store with a max length of 6 feet.  If I get one made, I'll run into issues for shipping and storage.  We'll see what it looks like in the show - I might finally pull the trigger on round three...  I just might need to commandeer a wall for horizontal storage as I don't think my ceilings will accommodate my usual vertical storage.  Have to get permission from my Aes Sedai first though.

But to the OP's question - I wouldn't buy a weapon from Amazon.  If they came out with with an awesome ashandarei design (or any other weapon) I'd commission a blacksmith to make something similar, got to make sure it is robust enough to handle my forms - no actual weapon-on-weapon contact, but able to handle swings, stabs, strikes and etc. at velocity as well as occasional drops and accidental impacts with ground or walls.  I like my art to be practical. ☺️

Edited by DojoToad

Well, I'm not much into merch myself, but ... seven seals, perhaps? Or walruses, if they can't manage seals. ? Authentic, natch, and displaying the ancient sign of the Aes Sedai. And a bonsai Avendoraldera, of course, plus Laman's head, likewise bonsai. And the access keys to the choedan kal, authentic ones only, of course! And the Sword that isn't a Sword.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I post this also with the intent that Amazon does not interfere and actually encourages small artists to make series related merch as well!

But I would like the following. 

The (new) Green Ajah Aes Sedai ring. 

The Seals. 

The horn. 

The Oath Rod. 

An Amazon Show that is modeled after a waygate and swings open when you touch the leaf to reveal the screen. 

A desktop version of the Silver Arches. 

Replica swords. 

My… I mean Cadsuane’s Paralis-net. 

replicas of the Choedan Kal with the control angreal that make uber cool noises when clicked and are actually a reskinned Amazon Fire TV box so i can hook them to the TV rather than the black cube I have now. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
2 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

An Amazon Show that is modeled after a waygate and swings open when you touch the leaf to reveal the screen. 

Loove this idea!

Hopper, Bela, Pips, and Loial plushies. 

Flags Manetheran, Red Hand, Wolf, Golden Crane, and Aes Sedai symbol.

One lego set.  Mat thumping Gawyn and Galad.  Just this one set gets  produced so kids worldwide can feel the joy of this scene over and over.

An amazon alexa that responds to every request.  "I win again, Lews Therin."

Leather cup of dice

Edited by Guire

Guest Wolfbrother31

I want Halloween costumes by this October! 

- Fade mask

- Trolloc head

- Fain laughing 

-  Lan & Moiraine outfits [great couples costume]

- Aes Sedai Ajah colored costumes with rings

- That Amrylin outfit

Right? I feel like Amazon should give us a commission for all these good ideas...

11 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I want Halloween costumes by this October! 

- Fade mask

- Trolloc head

- Fain laughing 

-  Lan & Moiraine outfits [great couples costume]

- Aes Sedai Ajah colored costumes with rings

- That Amrylin outfit

Right? I feel like Amazon should give us a commission for all these good ideas...

Crap wish show dropped month earlier.  My family spends a ton on Halloween costumes.  Before watching show don't think I can get enough interest to go all in on WoT costumes.  If I can and good costumes are out there, our watch party is going to totally be cosplay. Between kiddos and their spouses I can do pretty legit EF5, Lan, and Logaine, and Moraine.  

Guest Wolfbrother31

I also really want there to be new Wheel of Time video games...

Oh the bliss if I could break out of a box at Dumani's Wells & run through a maze of lightning and fire and arrows.

I picture Skyrim and WoT holding hands! 

3 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I also really want there to be new Wheel of Time video games...

Oh the bliss if I could break out of a box at Dumani's Wells & run through a maze of lightning and fire and arrows.

I picture Skyrim and WoT holding hands! 

I have been forcing WoT lore down my 16 year olds throat everyday when I take him to school.  He is pretty much digesting it all as a video game.  Everything is interpreted as "he saw that in a Skyrim mod"or "yea like Breath of the Wild."  I bet we see some type of WoT game within a year.  Always, always wanted to play an mmorpg set in pre last battle Randland. 

5 minutes ago, Guire said:

I have been forcing WoT lore down my 16 year olds throat everyday when I take him to school.  He is pretty much digesting it all as a video game.  Everything is interpreted as "he saw that in a Skyrim mod"or "yea like Breath of the Wild."  I bet we see some type of WoT game within a year.  Always, always wanted to play an mmorpg set in pre last battle Randland. 

Just be like southpark when they say that. 

WoT did it, WoT did it”

Guest Wolfbrother31
6 minutes ago, Guire said:

Yeah, but that's cause prior to the show - we have only our book imaginations. Now - a whole new generation will become WoT fans. 

Will they read the books or forums. Probably not. 

But there will be games. And merch. And YouTube videos galore. 

We may even see Manfear.