DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hiya!

Jaim Meiker

I'm new to Dragonmount so I thought I'd say hello.

I am a retired sailor and back in the early to mid 1990's, while floating around on various oceans and seas, I began to read the Wheel of Time series. I made it through book 7. Unfortunately book 8 hadn't been written yet. So I waited.

While waiting for the next books I got married and had a child. So life got in the way for a while. We all heard of RJ's illness so we waited more. More deployments came and went. Eventually I forgot about finishing the series.

Then in 2020 I heard they're making the series into a TV show and I though HEY! I should really read these books before the TV show comes out.

So here I am. I re-read books 1 thru 7 and have finished reading 8 and 9. I'm just starting "Crossroads of Twilight." At this rate I should finish the series in a couple of months. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing WoT on Prime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't done much besides reading the articles on the front page. Are there any things that I should look at?

Did you see the photo of Moirane on Aldieb that I found yesterday in TV Guide Magazine?

Reading Status: Finishing The Gathering Storm tonight. On to Towers of Midnight.

18 hours ago, Jaim Meiker said:

I haven't done much besides reading the articles on the front page. Are there any things that I should look at?

Well, apart from discussions about the Book & TV series, we also have a Roleplaying side and a Social Side (where we pretend to be Aes Sedai hehehe).

18 hours ago, Jaim Meiker said:

Did you see the photo of Moirane on Aldieb that I found yesterday in TV Guide Magazine?

I saw, yes! Love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...