DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How much to pay?

cloud10

Hey everyone. Another newbie here, so if this questions is annoying or forsaken around here - delete it.

Anyway, I'm looking for copies of autographed WoT books and I'm starting from scratch. There's currently an auction on Ebay for the first 8 and the index. I'm watching it and it seems to be at a decent price, a little over 220 bucks. What's the most I should pay for them? What is the standard that they go for? I know first editions are valuable so I should really take advantage of them when I see them.

I've watched the auctions for about a month or 2 and there never really go in big clumps like this so I figure its a good chance to jump on. I'd post a link, but I'm sure its not encouraged here. Look it up if you can and let me know. I only have a few days to make a decision.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

There shouldn't be a problem with you posting a link.

220 doesn't seem bad... is that for all eight? or just one?

I've seen one book go for thousands... so it's not a bad price either way.

220 was for the first 8 books of the series. It seems like a good deal, since at 20 bucks a book you're looking at 180 dollars for the original store prices.

I agree, the price will blow up at the end, too. I really don't know what a reasonable end price is either so I'm trying to be cautious. You never know if RJ is ever going to do anymore book signings though, so htis may be one of the few chances left to get signed books.

Well, I have until Monday. I'll keep you posted. :D

Archived