DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First re-read of the series

Ywingscum

I am taking the plunge to re-read the whole series.  This is big for me.  As I am a slow reader and have a hard time finding time to commit.  I expect this will take me years to complete but I can't think of a better time then to start now.  Well I actually started 2 weeks ago now?  I finished chapter 8.

I cannot say how much I am enjoying this second reading!!!!  I think I first read The Eye of the World like 20 - 25 years ago?  Since then the whole series has been involved in my life, from beer choices (local company 2 Rivers Beer) to WoT influenced D&D campaigns. 

Anyway, just wanted to share how excited I am about re-reading this beloved series.  I knew I'd enjoy it, I just didn't know how much I'd enjoy it.

For me i first started reading the first  5 books back in 1997 then lost interest in what came next since i was busy with school being a Junior and then being a Senior in 1998.

These days I got back into Wheel of Time along with Hyperion where a couple of days ago i was reading Dragon Reborn and just finished it yesterday.

Now Im currently busy with Shadow Rising.  

Been a long long time since I read the first 5 or 6 books of Wheel of Time.. Cant wait to read the other half of the series later this year when I can. 

On 7/10/2021 at 3:12 PM, urrutiap said:

For me i first started reading the first  5 books back in 1997 then lost interest in what came next since i was busy with school being a Junior and then being a Senior in 1998.

These days I got back into Wheel of Time along with Hyperion where a couple of days ago i was reading Dragon Reborn and just finished it yesterday.

Now Im currently busy with Shadow Rising.  

Been a long long time since I read the first 5 or 6 books of Wheel of Time.. Cant wait to read the other half of the series later this year when I can. 

In my opinion, your in for a treat.

As are you.  This is a series that, despite its length, can really only truly be appreciated on multiple read-throughs.  So much foreshadowing, things that are hard to appreciate on a first read-through that are easier the second or third (or dozenth) time through, elements of real-world myth and ancient religion and legends woven in that you'll want to look up, and then read it again just to see how deep those connections go.

I've read the entire series twice through.  And probably read the first 6 books at least five times.  Will probably take a few years off and just enjoy the show.  Would probably have read the entire series more times, but 7-10 are just so bloody hard to get through...  Will spend my time on other books/hobbies for a bit, but WoT will be read again in its entirety at some point (after the show is done with its run).