DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July Roll Call 2021

Again. You guys know the drill. Name, rank, faction. 5 points for that and 5 for answering this question: WoT or the LotR and the Hobbit? No hate, regardless of answer. 

Aman

FLotL, Mod, Dedicated

Light

The Hobbit is a comfort book for me, so this one is a little tough. I like Tolkien's writing style a little more, it feels less like he's trying to drill information into your head, but WoT's story is amazing and has bigger payoff in my opinion. If I could only have one, it would be WoT, but it would be hard choice to make.

13 hours ago, Arie said:

Arie, Shadow Dedicated.. 

WoT. because I'm one of those few that haven't read any LotR aside the Hobbit, and i liked WoT better.

The Hobbit is the best out of the four in my opinion. But I agree that the Hobbit just won’t be able to stand on its own against a fifteen book series that is very close if not equivalent to the Lord of the Rings in most peoples minds. 

Sablesage, Shadow, Soldier

(Three Ss by the way.)

This far into WoT, I'd say LotR. I love how it feels very much like a mythology instead of usual narratives (with poems and songs and all the jazz). It feels like King Arthur and Faerie Queene and Illiad/Odyssey so to speak. I like the ambience very much, even though it's not as heavy as WoT in terms of politics and cultures (which I also like in fiction).

I listen to "Song of Beren and Luthien" in the shower so often that it topped my Spotify list last year. And Aragorn/Arwen love story is definitely one of my favorites in fiction. 

• 2 weeks later...