DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stephen King books you haven't read in a long long time

urrutiap

What are some old Stephen King books you havent read since the 1990 when you were a teenager in high school or just whenever? Books i havent read in a long long time 

Eyes of the Dragon. used to have the old paperback back in the mid late 1990s when i was in high school. Great fantasy book which Stephen King made for one of his sons I think

Rose Madder

Needful Things

Bag of Bones

The Stand - last time i read the sucker was when I had the uncut paperback with the tv movie cast on the front cover back late 1990something. God I miss that book lol.

• 2 months later...

Eye of the Dragon was great (and imho better than The Dark Tower, but hey...). I don't think I want to re-read that. I read it at the best age of 14. It was published n 1984, so...

I think I would like to re-read some of the short stories, or the Bachman books. I think King is best in his shorter stories. I wish I had the guts to start on The Stand or It again. But I just can't.

• 4 weeks later...

Re-read the Dark Tower (The Gunslinger) when the movie came out.  I didn't like the book anymore, but the movie was worse.

I did like Eyes of the Dragon when I first read it a long time ago, but wondering if that will hold up any better than Dark Tower...  My tastes seem to be changing as I get old.

Read Gerald's Game a ways back too.  Didn't like the story much, but his description of the lady getting out of the handcuffs made me set the book down or I would have puked - finished the scene the next day.  I think he has great writing ability but I end up not liking more books than I do - guess I don't like the subject matter?

One of my favorite short stories by him "Popsy" however was right up my alley.  Had a twist I didn't see coming.  It was in the collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes.  Would highly recommend the story if not the whole collection.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like Stephen King stories I have read everything expect Eyes of Dragon I just found a YouTube channel that has a recording of Rage so I will listen to that when I finish wheel of time 

Also read Billy Summers 

My favourites are IT The dark tower Duma Key Salem Lot I haven’t read the stand in ages 

I also really like Buick 8 and 11 22 63 anything with time travel in it I normally like so I didn’t like the Tailsman 

Edited by Pembie

• 1 month later...