DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rank system?

• Community Administrator

Check the link I posted in this topic.

As far as Ranks on DM, we're still playing around with naming them, how many "points" are needed to gain ranks, and how points are generated. (Same goes with the Badge system) 

On the flip side, if anyone has any suggestions for naming ranks, or types of badges, feel free to post them!

Guest Wolfbrother31

Hey, what's the deal? I was a higher rank a few days ago! Are they still just adjusting how it works on DM?! And can we see something that shows for DM, and not just in general, what the ranks are based on? For example, am I really still just a "rookie" at over 100 posts? If so, that's fine, but then can I see what activity/level gets me to further ranks? 

1 hour ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Hey, what's the deal? I was a higher rank a few days ago! Are they still just adjusting how it works on DM?! And can we see something that shows for DM, and not just in general, what the ranks are based on? For example, am I really still just a "rookie" at over 100 posts? If so, that's fine, but then can I see what activity/level gets me to further ranks? 

It's recalculating back to the beginning of time, so you're will probably go back up again, it's just not done yet.

I added a couple of new ranks as we had members with nearly a million "points".

Points are based on activity, like posting, starting threads, reacting to posts, voting in polls, creating polls, etc.
Badges are similar, some have specific criteria. We're still working on naming Ranks, adding more, new badges, the works. So expect another "recalculation" in the future.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, SinisterDeath said:

Check the link I posted in this topic.

As far as Ranks on DM, we're still playing around with naming them, how many "points" are needed to gain ranks, and how points are generated. (Same goes with the Badge system) 

On the flip side, if anyone has any suggestions for naming ranks, or types of badges, feel free to post them!

I totally forgot I hadn’t replied to this. Sorry, SD. Perhaps we could name the ranks after WoT things? For example, maybe the lowest rank could be novice or sheepherder. Then you can move up, making the rank names progressively more powerful until you reach Asha’man or something of equivalent power? 

Guest Wolfbrother31

@SinisterDeath @Asha'man Shar'aman

57 minutes ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Perhaps we could name the ranks after WoT things? For example, maybe the lowest rank could be novice or sheepherder. Then you can move up, making the rank names progressively more powerful until you reach Asha’man or something of equivalent power? 

This is a great idea! 

And can I say -- whoever is doing these updates-- they are SWEET! I love it. And take your time and make it really really good; we probably got, what, another 10 years before we actually see the show ... that's kind of been my experience with WoT. Hyped. Read them all. Wait. RJ dies. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Hyped. BS finishes. Wait. Wait. Nothing. Is there going to be a movie or show? Wait. Wait. There's gonna be show! Wait. Wait. Wait. Covid. Wait. Wait. Wait. 3 sec teasers. Wait. Wait. 

So. At least you got fans with a lot of patience ? 

In summary. I love the changes. I'll wait for them to finish patiently. 

1 hour ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

I totally forgot I hadn’t replied to this. Sorry, SD. Perhaps we could name the ranks after WoT things? For example, maybe the lowest rank could be novice or sheepherder. Then you can move up, making the rank names progressively more powerful until you reach Asha’man or something of equivalent power? 

34 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

This is a great idea! 

That's one of the conundrums I'm working on. 

We have clubs like the White Tower, Black Tower, Shayol Ghul, Band of the Red Hand, etc.
Some of those have internal club ranks, like Accepted, Dedicated, Aes Sedai, Banner Lord, General, Dreadlord, etc.
So the Forum Ranks we end up going with, will either have to avoid those internal club ranks, or be used with their blessing. We also want to avoid favoritism towards any of various clubs.

Seriously though, if anyone has suggestions for ranks feel free to post them!
We have 16 ranks on the forums right now, so it'll be interesting to find enough to fill all those.

41 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

And can I say -- whoever is doing these updates-- they are SWEET! I love it.

DM's forum software is powered by "Invision Community" and thankfully that company has been been working on version 4.6 for the better part of a year. And yea, they are sweet.