DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Villains

Guest Wolfbrother31

Guest Wolfbrother31

Heroes can only be as epic as the villains they tangle with - Lex Luther and Superman, the Joker and Batman, Thanos in the Marvel movies, Cersei and Littlefinger in GoT, Sauron and Saruman in LoTR. So here's my question: who do you think the Tv adaptation should really focus on and develop as the villains of the WoT and who do you think they should try to get as actors to play them?! 

Guest Wolfbrother31

So far we know that they got Johann Meyers as Padan Fain and Kate Fleetwood as Liandrin - I honestly think these two are a good start for our villain list. But I find it strange we haven't gotten someone for Ishamael yet - he's got to be in S1 right?! And he would be my vote for main villain to develop - along with Lanfear and Elaida. @Elder haman @Asha'man Shar'aman @Illian Tear @Thrasymachus @SinisterDeath @Borderlander @Lavandula ( you guys post a lot, curious what you guys think!)

I would love it if:

Sean Bean = Ishamael

Morena Baccarin = Lanfear

Helena Bonham Carter = Elaida

Though, I know it's never gonna happen! ?

Edited by Wolfbrother31

• Community Administrator
24 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

@SinisterDeath I like it. S2 though right?

hmm, maybe S3 depending how many books they merge per season.

I'm guessing we'll get part of book 2 in season 1.
All of book 2, and part of 3 in season 2.
Part of Book 3/4 in Season 3.

There's a LOT going on in Book 4. 
If Season 2's mid-season episode ends with Falme, this could lead our characters to the Stone, the girls kidnapping, Mat being Mat, Perrin/Moraine trying to find Rand, while Rand doing Rand's crazy moping stuff while being AWOL in book 3 before just kinda showing up in the Stone.

Season 3 could start with taking the stone, all the weird shenanigan's, before everyone starts venturing out. (Twisted doorframe!!)
The "Finale" of the season could be Rand & Mat in Rhuidean. We see Rand's visions in the Glass pillars, we see Mat's time with the Foxes. Rand leaving and seeing Mat hanging from a tree.

Perrin's side we'd see his travelling to the Two Rivers bickering with Faile (Like Jon Snow and the redhead), making Loial feel like a 3rd wheel, all the while Bain and Chiad make jests at Perrin's expense, while Gaul is doing his best Tormund  impression, and the season ending with Perrin seeing what happened to the Two Rivers.

I can't recall what all Elayne & Nyneave were doing in book 4 except travelling and Hunting forsaken. I believe by the time Rand leaves Rhuidean, Elayne's on the boat with the Seafolk, so timeline wise I don't think we could put their later adventures in that same season unless they shift it?

I'm not all that surprised about not having Ishy in S1. 

I think they're going to do a sort of "soft entrance" for the Dark One so as to preserve some mystery around the Dragon - not only his identity, but also his nature. I think the idea may be to set up Logain as the main antagonist, then subvert expectations by having him captured and gentled.

By that point, we will have gotten to know our main characters. Rand will clearly be manifesting his abilities (as will Mat and Perrin). And by the time Logain is captured, our main characters will all be in some sort of peril. Several 'villains' will be on the board at this point: the Whitecloaks, the Red Ajah (particularly Liandrin), Siuan, Fain, and the dagger.

They may use the events at the Eye to establish Rand's connection to the DO, using it as a creepy note to end the season on, but do it by giving Rand nightmares. That would give them the ability to introduce Ishy early in S2 - and up the stakes in the chase for the Horn by leading the audience to believe that Rand got 'possessed' by Ishy (the DO) at the eye and is possibly going to steal the Horn for himself. This could track well with Rand's decision to isolate himself.

Incidentally, I think they move the Dragon Banner reveal to Falme - wherever that takes place in S2. Thematically, the Dragon Banner can take the place of the swordfight in the sky. This will give Rand a single battle with Ishy at the Stone. 

DREAM CASTS:

David Tennant for Asmodean

Idris Elba for Rahvin

Emily Cox for Moggy

Re the Chosen, gotta have Lanfear, Ishamael, Amodean, Demandred, Semirhage, Graendal, and Moghedian.

The rest are all actually pretty forgettable. 

Re the others, Fain, Elaida, Liandrin, Valda. Couple of the Shaido. I’m probably leaving a few out.