DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Amazon Prime Day

Looks like Amazon is going to market Prime Day pretty hard. Per Deadline

Amazon is releasing exclusive streaming concerts to coincide with Prime Day. These Prime exclusives are going to drop on June 17 and be available for 30 days.

It seems more and more likely that the first true "teaser trailer" for WoT will hit sometime between June 17 and the beginning of Prime Day on June 21. With them specifically focused on marketing Prime, the likelihood that they will ignore this opportunity to promote their shiny, new fantasy product seems vanishingly small. At a minimum, they will want WoT included in an "and coming soon, exclusively to Prime Video" type mashup.

I think it's fair to say that the wait is nearly over...

3 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Looks like Amazon is going to market Prime Day pretty hard. Per Deadline

Amazon is releasing exclusive streaming concerts to coincide with Prime Day. These Prime exclusives are going to drop on June 17 and be available for 30 days.

It seems more and more likely that the first true "teaser trailer" for WoT will hit sometime between June 17 and the beginning of Prime Day on June 21. With them specifically focused on marketing Prime, the likelihood that they will ignore this opportunity to promote their shiny, new fantasy product seems vanishingly small. At a minimum, they will want WoT included in an "and coming soon, exclusively to Prime Video" type mashup.

I think it's fair to say that the wait is nearly over...

Yes i think there is a fair chance we may get a coming soon Trailer at the very least and WOT would definitely get a mention whether it will include any new footage or a date for E1, who can say? ??????????????????????

Hope springs eternal for some. Me, I’m more pragmatic. Hope you’re right, but at this point I doubt it. Heard too many times: the planets are aligned, a unicorn was sighted, a two-headed calf was born, and etc. to see anything as a precursor to a trailer or release date.

This crotchety old man needs to go chase some kids off the lawn...

46 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Hope springs eternal for some. Me, I’m more pragmatic. Hope you’re right, but at this point I doubt it. Heard too many times: the planets are aligned, a unicorn was sighted, a two-headed calf was born, and etc. to see anything as a precursor to a trailer or release date.

This crotchety old man needs to go chase some kids off the lawn...

LOL.

When calibrating your optimism meter, just remember the developments of the last several weeks:

(1) Filming on S1 is now officially complete.

(2) Filming on S2 begins this month.

(3) Actors are completing ADR (the last part of the production process).

Also remember that Amazon's goal is to sign as many people up for Prime as possible. The "exclusive content" is intended to draw as many eyeballs as possible. It would be very curious for Prime to do a huge marketing push and not want to push out content for something they've invested so much money in.

Not that I have any special insight into the marketing strategy. It's perplexed me thus far. Still, this seems like a layup for Amazon.