DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OK... major newbie, have pity

Pe Ell

Ok i'll admit that i'm completely lost here... I just signed up and have no idea what is going on. At all. My friend is addicted to these things and convinced me into doing this as well as reading the books. What exactly is going on here? What is the overall concept and such? Also, I've noticed several things below posts, reading "bonded to such and such" "kin to this person". what is all this stuff? also how do i create a sig and get an avatar? if someone out there had pity on the noobs i'd appreciate the help.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barmacral

Pity on the Newbies?

AH HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

Ok, I'm about halfway thru book 2 (very end of Chap. 31) but I'm a pretty quick reader. and thanks, essy, but i know about the meaning of bonding and kin and stuff but i was talking about online, like the profiles. is it just something you add into your profile sig or something? cuz i worked out how to edit that. Thanks guys.

Guest Barmacral

Ok, Welcome, forgot to say that before, next, what Essy said about the kin is wrong, but you won't find out about that until you read book 7, so don't ask, just go with the flow.

For Signatures and Avatars go to the forum that says Signature Requests, they'll make one for you. You just have to create a thread that says what you want on it.

What is DM? Its a fan site for WoT. We have two discussion boards dedicated to the series, avoid the General WoT discussion like the plague, the Structured discussion has threads dedicated to specific books. You can find links to them in one of the stickies here on the newbie board. I'm not sure which one.

The Orgs are all groups of people who focus on discussing something, or just having a good time. Each org has a different focus, be sure to check them all out to see what they are. Feel free to start posting in the too, you don't have to be a member to participate in them.

If you want to join an Org, go to the Forum Options menu at the top right, click usergroups, select the Org you want to join, and click View Details or whatever the button is, then click Join. Some orgs require the leader to approve you first, don't worry about that, they always do, its just a security measure against undesireables, like pr0n spammers.

I think thats all for the moment, if you have any further questions, or need part of my post clarified, don't hesitate to ask.

Guest Emperor

Welcome newbie. I am always nice to the newbie in the first post... but after that all bets are off.

Well I am the leader of the Seanchan org, so I will speak to that. Basically we are the Entertainment Org.... we talk about movies, TV and games. If you have a fav show or want to know about upcoming movies... stop in and hit up the thread... or start your own. Join the org if you size it up and like what you see.

There are many great orgs here at DM.... and they don't all have stuff to do with the books... we just get named after them. However the WT is very WTish, the Band has ranks of the Band but is pretty fun, the Illuminators talk about firecrackers all day... no really... they make siggies, avatars and other creative things..... ummm....

Then you have the RP boards... which... you know you role play on. Completely seperate from the orgs but worth checking out.

Wow this is my most serious first newbie post. Take that Eggy ms. helpfulpants.

Enjoy!

Welcome to DM! It appears Mr. Emperor Penguin has been extremely helpful. Avoid the book discussion area for now, as you'll come across a lot of spoilers that will ruin the series for you.

Check out the ORGs. Each one is (loosely) based on the group within the books, so feel free to dive in. If you have any further questions, just ask them.

:D Each Org is different, so you may have to ask the same questions to each if they aren't answered already... But its well worth it!! :D

I would Recomend the Band and the Wolfkin if you want fun, Empy's own Seanchan as he said is great on the entertainment! 8)

*kait runs in & stops dead*

the boys are playing nice? without the girls regulating them? *falls over* ... the world is coming undone! GET BACK IN YOUR CAGES!

um. but yes. Pe Ell, you're doing great. i just wanna emphasize something because it can't be oversaid: don't apologize for being who you are. if you're being made to, something is wrong. as long as you show you're proactive & trying, we will bend over backwards to accomodate you. yes, you're trying to fit in. but we are also trying hard to recruit. lol. we do need you more than you need us; there's one of you &, what, 3000 of us?

each Org does follow different rules, & it's good thinking to re-orient yourself in each. i didn't realize this when i was a newbie a week & a half ago & now it's kicking me in the head. but i don't regret what i've done on this MB & i really hope you don't have to either.

you've taken command of this thread nicely. & this thread is your territory. no one else's. we'll be here to help give an inside-look-from-the-outside (er, if that even works...) if you ever need it. you can always come here to ask us anything or just to talk about yourself, okay? *hug*

welcome aboard!

Hey thanks for all the advice guys, you're all amazingly helpful. I think I'll be able to get a hanndle on this thing within a few days now. And Kait, you remind me of someone I know... but I know we've never met. Have you talked to Safia al-Maaz?

Hey thanks for all the advice guys' date=' you're all amazingly helpful. I think I'll be able to get a hanndle on this thing within a few days now. And Kait, you remind me of someone I know... but I know we've never met. Have you talked to Safia al-Maaz?[/quote']

She probably reminds you of your mother.

ummmm ... should i be offended? essy, just - auuugh! you're lucky i'm not running after you. you'd be eating out of my hand. *eyes flash* ... ahem. sorry about that, Pe Ell.

yes i have talked to safia. but the reason i decided to do this kind of modification isn't due to just one person. there are a ton of people who influenced me when they welcomed me & i had no idea how much. & then when things starting hitting really hard i found my way back to those same people. they know who they are. i don't gotta name them ... right...?

*smiles lopsidedly* ... pleasedon'tmakemenamethem.

Archer, you mean? i don't remember either. i can't keep everyone's Regiment straight anymore. i rely on those little icons. & then they change them & i is completely lost.

the Archers are amazing. not that i've been with them yet but whatever.

oh, long day. >< *hughughug* ... don't worry! that's what the brew is for. & places like this. you could always hit up fiddles. or just sit here. i'll keep you company; i wanna get drunk myself ... *passes brew*

Well i can see you two go way back to december... ha but what i cant ever see is Safia drunk. It just doesnt compute. the day she gets drunk underage will be the day we elect Bush king of our country and Hilary clinton to be his unwilling queen.

i wouldn't say that if i were you. it ... kinda rings a bell. though you can have a cookie if it was a reference.

i'd like to claim i have this time travel thing because i'm still trying to prove i can bend the Pattern ... to someone ... i forget who...

but anyways. my point is - um, that i can't. i just make people think i can. joined this place two weeks ago. lurked for a couple of days. but i never even tried visiting here before. heh.

Well i can see you two go way back to december... ha but what i cant ever see is Safia drunk. It just doesnt compute. the day she gets drunk underage will be the day we elect Bush king of our country and Hilary clinton to be his unwilling queen.

You already have...

A couple times actually :shock:

Archived