DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes!

Hi Aman! 

As I mentioned before, The Dying Detective is sort of my favourite just because it's such a wonderful prank that somehow brought out Watson's care for SH (and made him even more annoyed in the end). The Musgrave Ritual, The Six Napoleons, The League of Red-headed Gentlemen (is that the title?) and those weird short stories are also my favourites. 

Among the longer ones, The Valley of Fear. Perhaps it's one of the darkest Holmes stories? 

As for adaptation, I really like Jeremy Brett's SH adaptation. Especially the earlier ones. The BBC Sherlock is also a very good modern adaptation, having the Sherlock vibe from the book, although in modern setting. The sly puns on phrases and quotations from the canon are also very much appreciated. 

Sherlock Moriarty Awesome GIF - SherlockMoriarty Awesome GIFs | Sherlock,  Andrew scott, Lara pulver

I read some Sherlock Holmes a looooong time ago 🙂

Now I'm watching movies and TV shows that are supposed to happen in the same universe lol

I recommend the Irregulars (but that TV show is much much more fantasy like) and Enola Holmes (very nice movie, with awesome / funny characters) so far 😊

I haven't watched Enola Holmes. What is it about?

There are so many Sherlock and Sherlock AU adaptations out there. There was a mouse one which title I don't remember. It's really cute, though. It's pretty old too, I think.

Enola Holmes is pretty precious and worth a watch. It's an interesting take on a holmes perspective, AND they are a book series!

On 5/3/2021 at 7:25 PM, SableSage said:

Hi Aman! 

As I mentioned before, The Dying Detective is sort of my favourite just because it's such a wonderful prank that somehow brought out Watson's care for SH (and made him even more annoyed in the end). The Musgrave Ritual, The Six Napoleons, The League of Red-headed Gentlemen (is that the title?) and those weird short stories are also my favourites. 

Among the longer ones, The Valley of Fear. Perhaps it's one of the darkest Holmes stories? 

As for adaptation, I really like Jeremy Brett's SH adaptation. Especially the earlier ones. The BBC Sherlock is also a very good modern adaptation, having the Sherlock vibe from the book, although in modern setting. The sly puns on phrases and quotations from the canon are also very much appreciated. 

Sherlock Moriarty Awesome GIF - SherlockMoriarty Awesome GIFs | Sherlock,  Andrew scott, Lara pulver

As I might have mentioned before, I really like the Dying Detective too. I would agree that the Valley of Fear is one of if not the darkest Holmes story, despite having very little to actually due with Holmes. 

Jermey Brett's SH is amazing! They really stayed true to the canon, and that made me happy. 

I love the BBC Sherlock. I liked the last season less than the others, but it was still really good. The deerstalker being called a frisbee of death is hilarious, since in adaptations, Holmes always wears it, and he is going to solve crimes, usually murders. 

Whooo, glad to meet another Brett fan. His mannerism as SH is just...

Perf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Have you ever watched Basil Rathbone version? It's black and white though, very old. 

I think the last season of BBC Sherlock is too much influenced by the fandom somehow. I prefer the earlier ones as well. 

11 hours ago, SableSage said:

I haven't watched Enola Holmes. What is it about?

There are so many Sherlock and Sherlock AU adaptations out there. There was a mouse one which title I don't remember. It's really cute, though. It's pretty old too, I think.

I'll link you to the trailer :

As you'll see Enola is Sherlock's lil sister 😁