Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan Event: Battle the Seanchan (Game)


Recommended Posts

do you think you have what it takes to defeat the Seanchan? to avoid bending the knee and speaking the oath? or to run free from the Damane leash? 

 

it's time to prove it. 

 

sign up below and you'll be given a scenario, post how you'd deal with it and we'll see how you fair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will defend my Sisters (of all Ajahs) from the Seanchan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seanchan do not bend to any honor other than their own. I will "Egwene" their troops. They are far too fanatical for my taste.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First, seize all the Kaf!

Then let's kick bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, yes. The only good thing that came from those bloody ships. 

 

7a0d176f9b787839cb2c80bb4e98bf80.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Asha'man Shar'aman your people battle the shadowspawn and hold against the blight. but now you find yourself pressed on two fronts. the seanchan have reached your borders, pressing in with damane and raken and grolm. they strike at your fortress when shadowspawn press in from the blight. 

 

you can bend a knee, take the oath and gain the seanchan's force against the blight, or battle two foes on two fronts. what do you do? 

 

 

@Ryrin  the green ajah has been deployed to the coastal lands lining the aryth ocean. reports of aes sedai attacking towns is too much for the Tower to bear. you have five sisters and their warders with you. though once you arrive, lightning strikes from the cloudless sky, knocking three of your sisters to the ground. out of the nearest town comes a fist of damane and collar carrying sul'dam. your warder is dazed. what do you do?

 

@Arie you've been in the fields, healing and hosting a small horde of refugees, a villages worth of people who would not give the oath. only having run across them by happenstance, you're alone with a battered and scared people when a march of seanchan soldiers and grolm head down the road your way. 

 

what do you do? 

 

@Elgee all the worlds kaff sits on the ship of the seanchan off the coast, they've sent a messenger with the bargain, take the oath, bend your knee, and recieve all the kaff you can use. what do you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cross said:

@Asha'man Shar'aman your people battle the shadowspawn and hold against the blight. but now you find yourself pressed on two fronts. the seanchan have reached your borders, pressing in with damane and raken and grolm. they strike at your fortress when shadowspawn press in from the blight. 

 

you can bend a knee, take the oath and gain the seanchan's force against the blight, or battle two foes on two fronts. what do you do? 

 

Actually, I am going with a third option. I am going to use a gateway to escape out of my fortress. The Seanchan will be forced to fight the Shadowspawn while my army escapes and regroups. We will pick up reinforcements, and crush the battered and tired Seanchan or Shadowspawn. I will then gather more forces, leaving some to guard the Blight with Asha’man, and I will pull a Dumai’s Wells on the Seanchan. That should scare them away long enough for Malkier to regain at least some of its strength. If the Seanchan dare to come back after that, I will intimidate them, then offer negotiations. If they agree, I will try to get them to leave the Borderlands alone, and if necessary, show them the Blight and it’s dangers. I might offer free passage through Malkier, provided they leave us alone. If they refuse, or demand too much, then I will end the negotiations. Then, I will link with everyone I can, and drive them out of the Borderlands whole. This will be a major blow to their forces and confidence, and they will leave us alone at least until they can have time to regroup and think of a way to counter the Asha’man. This will buy me time to decide what to do next. Malkier will never bow to the Shadow, but we will never accept a defilement of our customs and tyrants in our lives. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a healer, in this happenstance, not a fighter. These people i can help but can not save. I find a way to sneak into a barn and cover myself with the scent of another animal to hide from the scent and sight of the soldiers. 

 

I do not channel. 

 

I encourage those with me to keep their heads down. Do not provoke. Bow and stay silent. It is not my village so I do not speak up, but I keep an eye to the grolm, who is the most chaotic of the unwelcomed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Asha'man Shar'aman you take many liberties and assumptions. many with time and the space in which you have to work. both foes were at your doorstep, you're time limited, the time to move an entire fortress through a portal, impossible. you left through the portal leaving at least half your people to the fates of shadowspawn and seanchan. your people are devastated, devoured or enslaved. 

 

you return with asha'man to a devastated fortress and to the shame of malkier. what seanchan that remain make no bargains, having been hardened by their fight with the shadowspawn. you desolate them with asha'man but to what victory? women and children of malkier are dead, your fortress shambles. 

 

 

@Arie while you are wise in your actions, your ability to channel is sniffed out, the people you were with survive, no lives lost, save yours to the leash. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hayl3y on a trip with a small contingent of your ajah, you are sent to advise a queen. with rumors of seanchan marching swiftly to their kingdoms doorstep. you are fully aware of the tactics of the seanchan, familiar with their stance on women who can channel. there is half a day before they reach the doors of the Queen. she refuses to abandon her throne. what do you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cross said:

@Asha'man Shar'aman you take many liberties and assumptions. many with time and the space in which you have to work. both foes were at your doorstep, you're time limited, the time to move an entire fortress through a portal, impossible. you left through the portal leaving at least half your people to the fates of shadowspawn and seanchan. your people are devastated, devoured or enslaved. 

 

you return with asha'man to a devastated fortress and to the shame of malkier. what seanchan that remain make no bargains, having been hardened by their fight with the shadowspawn. you desolate them with asha'man but to what victory? women and children of malkier are dead, your fortress shambles. 

I do take many liberties and assumptions because you have given me very limited information. In a really situation, I would know what I was dealing with, and it is possible to move everyone out through a gateway via linkage. Once you finish KoD, you might understand. 
 

But hey, this is just a game, so I guess I’m a terrible commander? Good thing I’m a Warder then!

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cross said:

 while you are wise in your actions, your ability to channel is sniffed out, the people you were with survive, no lives lost, save yours to the leash. 

Should have hid in the animal poop. 

I'll be a good damane until my will overcomes my leash, and my Suldam is then my slave. Her secret my strength, and while I am a "good damane", I am exalted for the Talents I bring to them. Closer to the whispers of what i could bring if... only I could see the Westland shores again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arie said:

Should have hid in the animal poop. 

 

 

sage words. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 5:31 AM, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Actually, I am going with a third option. I am going to use a gateway to escape out of my fortress.

 

Warders can't Channel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 3:17 AM, Cross said:

 

@Elgee all the worlds kaff sits on the ship of the seanchan off the coast, they've sent a messenger with the bargain, take the oath, bend your knee, and recieve all the kaff you can use. what do you do?

 

I regretfully learn to like tea.

 

And send a group of Aes Sedai to destroy that ship and all the Seanchan they can find on or near it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elgee said:

 

Warders can't Channel.

I feel like this is going to turn into a debate for my whole time in the Tower. Asha’man can channel, and I am Asha’man as well as a Warder, so the way I think of it is that I will act like I can’t channel in the Tower until we are in danger. But I am still Asha’man, so outside of the Tower (this was set in Malkier) I will not restrict my channeling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

*gasps!* she sacrificed kaff!! congratulations elgee you have defeated the seanchan for now. 

 

 

to clarify, within the WT (this club) warders cannot channel, you are an asha'man in the BT (club) as i am Moridin in Shayol Ghul, (but not here) our rules clearly state warders cannot channel. it is my mistake to have not said this first with your initial response. the only way for you to channel within the Tower is if you were an Aes Sedai or if we had a crossover event with the BT Club. this is not. 

 

if you would like a stab at the seanchan again, i'd be happy to supply a scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elgee said:

 

Warders can't Channel.

*facepalm* I'm a terrible MoN and just plumb forgot to point this out too. *submits herself to Elgee*

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cross said:

*gasps!* she sacrificed kaff!! congratulations elgee you have defeated the seanchan for now. 

 

 

to clarify, within the WT (this club) warders cannot channel, you are an asha'man in the BT (club) as i am Moridin in Shayol Ghul, (but not here) our rules clearly state warders cannot channel. it is my mistake to have not said this first with your initial response. the only way for you to channel within the Tower is if you were an Aes Sedai or if we had a crossover event with the BT Club. this is not. 

 

if you would like a stab at the seanchan again, i'd be happy to supply a scenario.

Got it. I would love to have another scenario!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Asha'man Shar'aman  you and your aes sedai are traveling along a busy road. full of merchants, carts, farmers and refugees. in passing your aes sedai has mentioned that there are two young women among some of the carts that have an ability to channel. (probably intent on recruiting them into the tower) 

 

suddenly from behind thunder rages and above large figures fly past you. seanchan ripe with damane are marching down the road towards your section, a full three raken block any rushing down the road in the opposite direction. what do you do?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 3:27 AM, Cross said:

@Hayl3y on a trip with a small contingent of your ajah, you are sent to advise a queen. with rumors of seanchan marching swiftly to their kingdoms doorstep. you are fully aware of the tactics of the seanchan, familiar with their stance on women who can channel. there is half a day before they reach the doors of the Queen. she refuses to abandon her throne. what do you do?

 

I'd advise her to prepare for battle and try to outsmart the seanchan with our battle strategy ?

(I do hope I have great strategists at hand tho... and maybe one or two good assassins who could take care of the seanchan battle leader > that would wreak havoc in their ranks, right ? ^.^)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hayl3y  you do indeed have a strategist, though no assassins. with the half day's worth of planning the queen heeds your advise, calling as many citizens into her palace as possible they fortify it. with the benefit of your strategist mixed with your knowledge of seanchan battle tactics, the queen is able to hold the seanchan off, though not without losses. preparation only gets you so far. a battle at the gates ensues, and while you are lucky there are no damane present, there is heavy damage to the town and palace gates. soldiers are lost. and the seanchan temporarily sent packing. though it is likely they will return with damane. 

 

congratulations, you survived. though the leash is coming for you

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 5:57 PM, Cross said:

@Asha'man Shar'aman  you and your aes sedai are traveling along a busy road. full of merchants, carts, farmers and refugees. in passing your aes sedai has mentioned that there are two young women among some of the carts that have an ability to channel. (probably intent on recruiting them into the tower) 

 

suddenly from behind thunder rages and above large figures fly past you. seanchan ripe with damane are marching down the road towards your section, a full three raken block any rushing down the road in the opposite direction. what do you do?

 

Do the women have the spark, or can they just learn? Also, is this is conquered territory?

 

If the women have the spark, then I will ask my Aes Sedai to mask her ability to channel, and we will move towards them, and hopefully my Aes Sedai can mask their ability too. We might be able to pass unnoticed, if we can get the women to trust us long enough to pass by the Seanchan, and if my Aes Sedai uses a Mirror of Mists to hide her ageless face.

 

If the women do not have the spark, then I will focus on getting my Aes Sedai out of there, likely with hiding her face, and masking her ability. The damane can not sense people who can learn to channel, so the women will be safe, and we can find them later, (made easier by a tracking weave my Aes Sedai might out on them)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...