DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Purple Ajah WT/DM Class

Welcome to the WT! My name is Cairos Sedai and I'm a gray brother of the gray ajah. A little about me is.....I'm currently an ER nurse in a small hospital and also a bigger hospital in the Bay Area Cali. I'm also an EMT and work on the 911 ambulance company in the Bay Area. I'm excited to start this journey with you and to help you find your path and journey. 

Tell me about yourself before we start the class. 

Thank you!

I am Purple Ajah, the name of a popular theory about the Wheel of Time (although my fave real Ajahs are the Brown and the Gray). I read the book series in 2017 and am also interested in the new show. I like many characters from the series such as Verin and Moiraine. Aside from WoT, my big interest is fantasy, and I have an interest in creative writing.

In real life, I am a university student in my 3rd year (junior year in the US) and I am from the UK. I have worked abroad teaching English as a second language but alas, in present times, my life has become relatively boring again. I am an editor of MediaWiki projects (including WoT as well as other series) and am helping to make a Wheel of Time video game mod. I am also invested in writing/RP.

Welcome again. So glad you can be a part of our WT community. 

So here is the first part of the class! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Feel free to go back and edit your post as you find your answers. Also there’s no time limit here, so take as much time as you need.

Part One: The White Tower

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?
2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?
3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?
4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

if you have any problems, issues, concerns or anything don’t be afraid to ask. I promise that I don’t bite! 

1. The White Tower and Warders on this website are a community and so we are supposed to both support and respect one another, treating people with kindness. As an aspirant of the White Tower, I will start out as a novice and then be raised to Accepted and hopefully Aes Sedai given enough time.

2. The code of conduct is a policy against things such as hate speech and other inappropriate material on the website. This is policy for everyone who is a member of Dragonmount, so it applies to me as much as any other user on the website.

3. PG-13 means that material is friendly to users who may be as young as 13 and up. Therefore, there should not be too much explicit language, and no sexual images, or gory images without warning, etc., or really anything that reasonable parents of a 13-year-old would not want their child to see.

4. Thread hijacking is when users go to a thread and try to divert it into something completely unrelated to the original purpose off the discussion, and it starts to devolve into something off-topic, making everyone else uncomfortable. Spam is posting too many posts too often, especially when they are very low-effort and pointless and add nothing to the discussion. The WT/Warders try to completely avoid both of these.

Hope everything is okay! 🙂 And I don't have any other questions for the time being.

15 hours ago, The Purple Ajah said:

4. Thread hijacking is when users go to a thread and try to divert it into something completely unrelated to the original purpose off the discussion, and it starts to devolve into something off-topic, making everyone else uncomfortable. Spam is posting too many posts too often, especially when they are very low-effort and pointless and add nothing to the discussion. The WT/Warders try to completely avoid both of these.

Very well explained!

*Leaves a special Kaf Cookie for The Purple Ajah*

Great job with part 1.

As Members of The White Tower, we are to serve. Part of the adventure is learning where we will serve, and it what capacity. When you are ready, feel free to move forward to the next assignment.

Part Two: The Subgroups

So what we normally recommend is that you start a post in your class thread and go back and edit it over time, and that the format is as follows:

[Ajah/Guild]
--[Who is in charge]
--[general focus if there is one]
--[relevant post #1]
--[relevant post #2]

Rinse and repeat for at least five of the seven each Ajahs and Warders Guild.