DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The last wot wednesday?

In the last few months, we got a steady pace of one new release of material every month: 17 march, 19 february, 15 january, 23 december. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since last release, so I expect we should get something.

Also, according to what somebody else posted here, they hired people to translate the trailer for 22 april. So perhaps tomorrow we get the last teaser, and in one month we get the full trailer?

I really hope we get a trailer. I know it isn’t rational, but I am getting really frustrated with how much they are holding back. It seems like half the news we get is just speculation, and the other half is 2 seconds of light and sound. If they are almost done with the season, why can’t they cobble something together for fans? We have been waiting forever for a trailer, and I am really frustrated with it. 

Hopefully your theory holds, and we get a trailer soon. 

5 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

Teaser would be great. I mean we had the guitar, Mat's voice and hands and thin Moraine, next logical step.

We have heard from Perrin, Egwene, Mat and Morraine so far, so i think we will hear something from Nynaeve next and the Rand last. Nynaeve will be saying something about being along to protect the Emonds Fielders, Rand, I’m not sure what he will be saying.

2 hours ago, DojoToad said:

I expect nothing at this point. All the anticipation has been drained out of me. I’ll continue to check in for news, but will reserve excitement for something other than a 5 second tease...

what i actually get excited about is not the 5 seconds of video (of which 2 are darkness anyway), but the Q&A afterwards. it's one of the few chances for some solid information, even though most of it is irrelevant (seriously, asking him what he had for lunch????)

18 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

In the last few months, we got a steady pace of one new release of material every month: 17 march, 19 february, 15 january, 23 december. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since last release, so I expect we should get something.

Judging by this tweet from the official account, I doubt that we will get anything today. In fact, I doubt we will get anything prior to the release of the "official series teaser trailer", which I'm guessing will be out before the end of this month. 

The information Nae'blis shared on his channel was that foreign voice actors are doing voiceover work on 4/22. That would coincide with a late April / early May trailer release time frame. There were 5 weeks of filming remaining when filming in Czechia paused in November. Assuming they began in early April, that would mean they would wrap filming in late April / early May. All seems to be converging on that time frame and that's when I legitimately expect our next nugget.

If they're not going to do anything more until a trailer, they should dump some more of the cast, maybe people we've already guessed. I'm wondering if one of the reasons they haven't given more cast is there's alot of smart people in the fandom who might be able to guess surprise elements.

8 minutes ago, mistborn82 said:

If they're not going to do anything more until a trailer, they should dump some more of the cast, maybe people we've already guessed. I'm wondering if one of the reasons they haven't given more cast is there's alot of smart people in the fandom who might be able to guess surprise elements.

I get the feeling that there's really not much more cast to disclose. Who are we missing still? (I'll be more shocked if the Trakands are in Season One than if they aren't).

Since they have cast Kerene, I want to say that Sheriam is almost certain, because she is an Accepted at the same time as Moiraine and Siuan in those near-certain flashbacks. I don't think Cadsuane will be cast in this season, and Kerene may take on her role in Kandor for the NS parts. Another point in Sheriam's favor is that the girls may be going to the WT early, and obviously the Mistress of Novices is an iconic Aes Sedai role.

For that reason, Elaida. I'd be really surprised if they cut her as Morgase's advisor, but they can set her up as a potential villain if she plays the role as Moiraine's tormentor in the ter'angreal. I mean, they already have a Liandrin, but not Elaida? For that reason, I think it's possible (although far from certain) that Verin or Alviarin may briefly appear in S1, too.

Other than them... Lews Therin, Ishamael, Balthamel? And more minor roles like Agelmar and Amalisa. Elyas, obviously, but there are more questions whether he's been shifted over to a later season.

1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

I get the feeling that there's really not much more cast to disclose. Who are we missing still? (I'll be more shocked if the Trakands are in Season One than if they aren't).

There are a couple of notable ones that weren't yet announced. Ingtar, Angelmar, Anglemar's sister, and Uno. None are spoilery since most expect the show to get to Fal Dara by the end. 

There was a Twitter leak about May 12 being the date of the trailer release. If that ends up being true, I could see them skipping April altogether. The wait doesn't bother me if we end up getting something good instead of crumbs.