DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

But it was a beginning...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Arie said:

I think Hooray! Welcome back, Caddy! ? I'm the local ancient yellow that shakes a cane through the halls on occasion. Always happy to see returning members!

I still maintain I am the longest serving unbonded greenie in the Tower. I might have need of your cane from time to time. I will gladly pay you for its use in yucca fries. 

Truth. 

What spurred this return was getting TWoT running on my modern PC and was like...

I miss those crazy people who live inside my computer screen who seem to like those books I do.

*shakes it* oh no earthshake!

The wheel weaves as it wills.

I likes it! Wait.. Caddy.. like old school caddy? like .. how old.................. the funny thing about taking on book names it makes my hella confused on who joined when. ?

*rattles in her little cage* 

Hey! Hey!! At least give me bells so I can annoy everyone when you do that!

18 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

This incarnation of my handle was in 2008. lol. I went by Cadsuane Alexandria Annemarie Leigh Melaidhrin (CAALM) on the old rp forums heheh

Ahh.. 2008. That was not a kind year for me. ? 

Either way, still glad to have you back. ? 

edit: no i lied. 2007 was a bad year here. 2008 i met my husband and went to dragoncon for the first time. 2008 wasn't -that bad-

Edited by Arie

1 hour ago, Azshaya said:

Well hi, welcome back! I think I actually remember your name "Cadsuane" from back then as well which is pretty cool. Glad to hear life has stabilized for you :) 

Hehe, thanky!

Yeah was fun - to conform with the rp rules at the time I had my Cadsuane be a distant relative of the famous one - thus I could still be a naughty novice, a naughtier (but infinitely better at being sneaky) Accepted, and so on hehe.

My Mesaana however - was just the actual Forsaken lmao. No cleverness there. 

10 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

the work we did recreating the Two Rivers in ActiveWorlds back then. DM had me make the Ways. Was something I was proud of lol. 

The what where now?? Do tell more about this!

And welcome back - awesome to see you ?

Oh yeah: please remember to go check in here: https://dragonmount.com/forums/topic/107247-wtwarders-101-all-please-read-especially-new-returning-members/

38 minutes ago, Elgee said:

The what where now?? Do tell more about this!

Welllp way back when I was way more active (rp as caddy, messy, i even had a spymaster under my belt lol) I got roped in by Jason to try and recreate the Two Rivers in a 3D chatroom known as Active Worlds.

We actually made some wonderful progress - we managed to build and condense a large geographical area into a relatively small space. Jason and the others built Emond's Field locales like the al'Thor farm, the Winespring inn, the Winespring itself etc...terminating in the ferry at Taren's Ferry (again condensed geography)

I myself was focused on creating a working portion of the Ways.

Was stupidly proud of it too. - had a working waygate that swung open revealing the milky slick reflection...it teleported you to an island with the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai and a waystone. Several paths were broken and crumbling. It never ended up leading anywhere because we shut it down before we could expand tho. Was a hoot - the dors and the sudden experience of being "elsewhere" felt so right heheh

Edited by CaddySedai

1 hour ago, CaddySedai said:

Yeah was fun - to conform with the rp rules at the time I had my Cadsuane be a distant relative of the famous one - thus I could still be a naughty novice, a naughtier (but infinitely better at being sneaky) Accepted, and so on hehe.

I remember this. I was surprised Kath was even okay with allowing it. XD 

I think I vaguely remember Joe talking about this project.

11 minutes ago, Arie said:

I remember this. I was surprised Kath was even okay with allowing it. XD 

I think I vaguely remember Joe talking about this project.

Kath was my favorite human being on the planet from the day she approved that profile hahah.

That said if I ever came back to the active RP - if there is an existing Cadsuane I may have to get even extra creative... a spin off from a portal world perhaps. I'm Caddy but not. haha *makes a derp face*

The RP is (imho) in desperate need of a face-lift, but I don't think I am the right person to fix it... I have another 2 big projects in mind for here first, so one thing at a time.

That said, I have floating characters I'm happy to write with.

Edited by Arie

2 minutes ago, Arie said:

The RP is (imho) in desperate need of a face-lift, but I don't think I am the right person to fix it... I have another 2 big projects in mind for here first, so one thing at a time.

That said, I have floating characters I'm happy to write with.

It happens. We had a few resets in the past too. Heh. 

I still want to get a group together for a faster paced realtime rp. But most people like writing text walls versus building line by line lol