DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First Look at Moiraine!

Elder_Haman

We got a pot of St. Patrick's Day gold from WoTOnPrime today. Check out the video here! Rosamund Pike also posted it on her Instagram account and added some interesting commentary: 

Wheel of Time fans and future Wheel of Time fans, I am giving you your first exclusive glimpse of Moiraine, woman of mystery, power, calm and strength. Everyone in the Wheel of Time family is excited to show you the full series when it comes to @amazonprimevideo . We love these characters, and it is an honour to have the chance to embody them. Moiraine Sedai is an enigma and a force of nature, never to be underestimated. See a flash of her here, as she embraces the source of the One Power.

So, what do y'all think of our first look at Moiraine Damodred?

Edited by Elder_Haman

so, we have 5 seconds of video, of which 2 seconds are darkness, then there is moiraine's face with small flashes of light for 1 second, and then a flash of light for 2 more seconds.

way too little to get anything meaningful out of it.

i am just excited that, one month after the latest release, they did release something else. one small teaser per month is not much, but it's still more promising than zero small teasers per month.

9 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

so, we have 5 seconds of video, of which 2 seconds are darkness, then there is moiraine's face with small flashes of light for 1 second, and then a flash of light for 2 more seconds.

way too little to get anything meaningful out of it.

i am just excited that, one month after the latest release, they did release something else. one small teaser per month is not much, but it's still more promising than zero small teasers per month.

We know she's embracing the power. And who is she speaking to? Is the footage from Winternight? Lots of questions!!!

I just can't wait until Rand seizes Saidar, of the WOT typos, that one has be my favorite.

Also as I thought, I'm going to have to get used to hearing other voices because for over 10 years I've been hearing only Michael and Kate on the audiobooks.

As to who she's talking too, my guess it's either the Battle at the Eye, a new scene or the audio and video are from two different scenes.

Edited by mistborn82

13 minutes ago, mistborn82 said:

I just can't wait until Rand seizes Saidar, of the WOT typos, that one has be my favorite.

Also as I thought, I'm going to have to get used to hearing other voices because for over 10 years I've been hearing only Michael and Kate on the audiobooks.

As to who she's talking too, my guess it's either the Battle at the Eye, a new scene or the audio and video are from two different scenes.

That was a hilarious sequence of typos. I’m looking forward to seeing how they show Lews Therin. I loved how he just kind of lurked in Rand’s head (don’t judge, I’m an AoL freak) and provided tidbits about the AoL. 

"Do not underestimate the women in this tower."

That line (specifically, *in this tower*) does not make sense unless Moiraine is currently at the tower, near the tower, or referring to a group of Aes Sedai  analogously both as an embodiment of the tower and as members of/in 'said tower. But I can't remember when Moiraine is at the tower in EoTW...?

Secondly, she would need to be speaking to somebody who was (or is about to) underestimate said women... So I doubt she is talking to a trolloc. And it sounds a bit too intense to be directed at any of the kids from Emond's Field; it sounds to me like she's speaking to an enemy, a rival, or at least somebody with a fair amount of power in their own right. Possibilities, then, are Logain (possibly in the much-theorized new Logain-capture scene which could kickstart the season) or one of the Forsaken (who regard the current generation—the current Tower—as feeble and pathetic compared to the Aes Seda in the Age of Legends.) 

@Borderlander that would certainly add menace, especially if we know Moiraine captured a man who can channel and the boys don't. That would also make sense from the standpoint of an unedited clip.

@Asha'man Shar'aman It'll be interesting how they handle the AoL and I wonder if we'll get an added scene early, just to show that the DO basically took the world from star trek to the late middle ages.

It could also be the scene where she first starts training egwene. in that scene there were flashes of light, and in the end moiraine tells egwene "the last one was yours". also in that scene egwene makes some questions about how are aes sedai, asking basically if they are monodimensional straw characters. and the "do not underestimate" could refer to that.

and of course, the audio could come from a completely different moment.

as i said, too little information to draw any conclusion.

i gotta give them, the sound effect is cool

The actual answer is that the line was created exclusively for the trailer, per Rafe.

Is the audio disconnected from the scene of Moiraine? 
yes, Rosamund actually recorded this audio for this teaser specifically, so you won’t hear this exact audio in the show