DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book Title Initials at the bottom of the page

Luke-o-zade

Hello reader,

I'm a new reader to the wheel of time series, so far I'm about a third into 'The dragon reborn', and loving every minute of each read, but one thing keeps bugging me!!!

I purchased the books second hand and were published in the same year as release. 

Each book has the initials of the book title at the bottom of every 10 pages or so followed by a dash (-) and a number which increases with each entry. (See attached photo from chapter 20 of dragon reborn). I have try to figure out all possible meanings of this and search online, what could it possibly mean?!!! Somebody please enlighten me!

Thanks, 

Luke

P.S: if for whatever strange reason, it so some kind of spoiler for the later books, just reply with, 'you'll figure it out soon' since I'd like to avoid all spoilers where possible.

Screenshot_20210307-225756~2.jpg

Not sure why it has that at all, just checked my copy AMOL and it doesn’t have it. You can ignore it, has no relevance to the Storyline. 
Good to see yet another fan but there are a lot of spoilers out there, most places are pretty good and give out warnings for Spoilers.

Good luck with your reading.

I've just run a check over some of my books and my copy of EOTW has it but not TDR, and my guess is that it's a printer's mark, for coordinating separated batch printings of page sets. Or in other words, if you're printing a thousand copies of the first five hundred pages, and someone else is printing the next five hundred pages, and so on and so forth, and you're all going to combine the lot to make a book, having something like that is useful. But that's just my guess - I can't say for certain that is it.

Yeah I do expect it to be difficult avoiding spoilers especially because I'll definitely want people to talk about the books with here online, I expect to have many more questions to come haha!

Thanks again, Luke

Edited by Luke-o-zade