DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

March Roll Call 2021

Who's here? Answer with your name, rank, and faction, if you have one. 5 points for roll call, another five for the question.

Question: Favorite WoT book?

Name: Asha'man Shar'aman

Faction: Light

I love New Spring, but I also love the EotW and the GH. Actually, I love all WoT books, but New Spring is the only one I have kind of read twice (novel and novella version)

Name: Arie

I'm a Crossroads of Twilight person. I love the small, intricate set ups and Great Game playing in the book, it was a fascinating read even if it wasn't heavy on action like many of the others.

22 minutes ago, Arie said:

Name: Arie

I'm a Crossroads of Twilight person. I love the small, intricate set ups and Great Game playing in the book, it was a fascinating read even if it wasn't heavy on action like many of the others.

I hated it. It actually took me six months to get through, which is ridiculous. I am so glad ToM didn’t pull a CoT and have basically everybody forget about the big event. 

17 minutes ago, Arie said:

I know, most people feel that way. But since I am always right, it just means you're wrong. ^^

(jkjk. .. .......)

Are we sure you aren’t Taim? Got some of that M’Hael arrogance going on. Jk. You are entitled to your opinion, and I find it interesting that someone could have it as their favorite WoT book. Just wasn’t for me I guess. 

I never claimed to be innocent. ?

And I like the subtleness in writing. It's an artform that I hope to one day master, though, perhaps with a little more interest than the drag most others feel getting through the book.

17 hours ago, Arie said:

I never claimed to be innocent. ?

And I like the subtleness in writing. It's an artform that I hope to one day master, though, perhaps with a little more interest than the drag most others feel getting through the book.

It would be useful for sure! I just had issues with CoT. They hyped you up with WH, and the prophecy at the beginning, and then nothing happened. Like, what the heck made it so that the future of mankind balanced on the point of a sword? Rand stumbling? Elayne taking a bath? Mat going shopping? Nothing of interest happened at all. 

Lava

I guess I'm a dedicated by now..

So far I think I'll go with dragon reborn.

Well I guess this is going to sound a little weird that's why I first just went with TDR.. But I did read New spring eons ago, but I can't really remember much about it.. You would think if one really liked something you would remeber it..still the feelings I get when thinking about it is, it was really wonderfull and I always planned to read it again too.

Edited by Lavandula

• RP - LEGACY

Name: Dar'Jen Ab Owain

Faction: Light

I'll have to say New Spring. It sets everything up and, as I'm a big Lan fan, we get to see a big part of why he is the way he is in the "main series". Though I have lots of favorite parts from within each of the books.

Edited by Dar'Jen Ab Owain

• Arie pinned this topic
  • Arie unpinned this topic