DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Feb Discussion - Motivation

January felt a lot like a recovery month from the crazy of November & December crazy. *slowly tries to rise*

So, February I decided to start a topic of Motivation. What helps you get up in the morning? Why is it so important, and what does it mean to you?

1 hour ago, Arie said:

January felt a lot like a recovery month from the crazy of November & December crazy. *slowly tries to rise*

So, February I decided to start a topic of Motivation. What helps you get up in the morning? Why is it so important, and what does it mean to you?

This sounds like a great topic! One thing that helps motivate me is the desire to better myself. Each day is an opportunity to get just a little more knowledge, a little stronger or wiser. Even days that are horrible teach you something. I also am fully aware that you aren’t guaranteed anything past this moment, so that makes each day precious. 

I have a couple of things that motivate me. My job, which I love. I get to go to work every day and help people, or at least be supportive to them. And my family. I am building a life for us that is just what we want. Of course, we could use more money, but who couldn't?

18 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Without a snuggle buddy, what's the point?

Hmm. I dunno. I just like sleeping I guess. Plus, it doesn't get too much better than when it's raining and you stay under the blankets and fall back asleep. Snow is less fun, since you know you have to shovel later, so you just stay awake the whole time waiting to work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Get up? I'm a mom...got no choice 😛

I normally also love working when not burnt out...just feels meaningful to help solve problems and do my part in making things a bit better for the future

Also what's this manual labor thing... that's what earning money is for - paying others for things you can't or really don't want to do.

Edited by Liitha
  • 2 weeks later...

I find myself getting up quite early to find that little quiet time, before the kids wake up. Peace, a cup of coffee, and the waking of the world. 

Most times, nearly every time, I get up just before the kids and begin setting up the world around them, to prepare both of them for each other haha 

All of this is important, as important as breathing, because we must live, while we can.