DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Random and weird thoughts

This is a thread to post really random thoughts and questions you happened to think of. They don't have to be WoT or WT/Warders related, just anything that is funny and random. Here's one I thought of:

1. Der'Manshima. Meaning no disrespect to anyone, the literal translation of Der'Manshima is close to Senior Sword. This is funny to me because it makes me picture grizzled old Warders hobbling around the training yard yelling to each other about battles and complaining about how lucky their Aes Sedai are because they don't get old. I think what the people who came up with the name meant was Master Sword maybe? But that is almost as funny, because in the Legend of Zelda, the weapon the hero, Link, uses is called the Master Sword, so I just end up picturing giant Master Swords. But hey, I'm weird, so maybe this is all very serious to everyone else. ?

Does anyone else have any weird or random thoughts?

I do have a lot of weird and random thought XD

The last one I had reading your thread about WOT nationalities. I thought that I'd love to come from Antiva... which is a city of Thedas (Dragon Age Universe)   ?

TheNextDragonAge.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740

15 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

I do have a lot of weird and random thought XD

The last one I had reading your thread about WOT nationalities. I thought that I'd love to come from Antiva... which is a city of Thedas (Dragon Age Universe)   ?

TheNextDragonAge.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740

HA! That’s a pretty funny thought! Beautiful city!

Am I the only one who uses the overview here? Not sure, and am curious. 

If you are on a phone, up by the banner, there is a menu you can open. It will show the name of the Ajah, Warders Yard or Public Forum. Click it, and at the bottom there is a thing called Overview. Click it, and it will show you all of the recent activity. If you are on a computer, then you should be able to see all of the Ajahs. Overview is on the very bottom. Let me know if you have problems. @Hayl3y Sedai. 

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

Random thoughts:

1. In the books there are far too many Warders (or warriors in the Tower anyway) and far too few Aes Sedai. In the WT/Warders, there are far too many Aes Sedai, and far too few Warders. Anyone else find this funny?

2. In tEotW, Balthamel looks like he is three thousand years old. Well he is, but the other Forsaken aside form Aginor don't. Balthamel means "essence of youth" in the Old Tongue. Robert Jordan did it again. That man is genius.  

14 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

If you are on a phone, up by the banner, there is a menu you can open. It will show the name of the Ajah, Warders Yard or Public Forum. Click it, and at the bottom there is a thing called Overview. Click it, and it will show you all of the recent activity. If you are on a computer, then you should be able to see all of the Ajahs. Overview is on the very bottom. Let me know if you have problems. @Hayl3y Sedai. 

>> I always come here from on my PC lol ?

You are right tho, we have a very important amount of Aes Sedai compared to the Warders... Did we scare them away ? ?

On 1/20/2021 at 5:47 AM, Hayl3y said:

>> I always come here from on my PC lol ?

You are right tho, we have a very important amount of Aes Sedai compared to the Warders... Did we scare them away ? ?

Is the Overview the same on PC?

Haha! No, I don't think so. I just think that the idea of being able to channel is more appealing to most people, as well as the ability to join Ajahs you are familiar with, rather than join a whole new faction, with new rankings, and subgroups. 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:02 AM, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Is the Overview the same on PC?

Haha! No, I don't think so. I just think that the idea of being able to channel is more appealing to most people, as well as the ability to join Ajahs you are familiar with, rather than join a whole new faction, with new rankings, and subgroups. 

It's actually on top XD

(just discovered it hahaha) - took ages to load ?

it does look like an interesting feature but I'll have to get used to it before really giving it a try. It's hard to get into new habits lol

22 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Somebody kidnapped the rest of the Tower. I’m looking at the Seanchan. 

"Kidnapped" is such a harsh word. "Invited to come on an extensive tour of the Kaf plantations" has a much nicer ring to it, don't you think?

8 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

It's actually on top XD

(just discovered it hahaha) - took ages to load ?

it does look like an interesting feature but I'll have to get used to it before really giving it a try. It's hard to get into new habits lol

It is hard! I discovered it on accident, and found it was a really useful way to find out what's going on in the Tower. 

2 hours ago, Elgee said:

"Kidnapped" is such a harsh word. "Invited to come on an extensive tour of the Kaf plantations" has a much nicer ring to it, don't you think?

Perhaps Mother. But I'll bet the Seanchan would love to snap a cold, hard a'dam around all of our necks. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't like the way they look at us. Although they do brew some darn good kaf.