DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind

Borderlander

Fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind  

10 members have voted

1. 1. *IF* the next Wotwednesday reveal is fire-related, what do you think it will be?

• A sneak-peak at Ba'alzamon's fiery eyes
    • A sneak-peak at a CGI Fire-weave
    • An item from Perrin's smithy
    • Some kind of promotional graphic relating to the Flame and the Void
    • I don't think it will be about 'fire,' per se, but rather, 'light'...
    • Some other fire-related item or element; explain in comments.
    • I don't think it will be fire-related, at all; the iron and music elements of the last two reveals were pure coincidence.

Some astute fans have noticed the last two reveals from the production team relate to Iron (Rand's sword) and Music (Thom's guitar.) Is this a ta'veren-like coincidence or do you think Rafe is trying to disrupt the ancient treaty with the Eelfinn ("Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind.")?

Update: Sorry, everyone, I created the poll with the comments disabled. I just fixed it. Hope you will all chime in! (Thanks to the admin for letting me know ?)

Edited by Borderlander
Enabling comments

• Borderlander changed the title to Fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind

Not so much a prediction, just a thought:

The reveal of Rand's sword 6 weeks was a strong opening play. An anchor, in a way. As it to say, Hey, fans, look at this. It's a sword. Isn't it awesome? You love it, and we know you love it! See how well we did it? See all the care and attention to detail. Have no fear.

Which cleverly leads into Thom's guitar 3 weeks ago, and you can almost imagine them saying, Hey, fans, remember the sword? Wasn't it awesome? Now, check out this guitar... No, not a harp, a guitar. We know, we know—you were expecting a harp... but remember the sword? Wasn't it awesome? And isn't this guitar actually pretty cool, too? Look at how old and rustic it is? Don't worry, now. You can trust us—we are going to make this as awesome as possible. But do be ready for a change or two...

And for their next reveal (possibly tomorrow) my not-a-prediction would be that they release something very familiar-feeling, but with some extra awesome-sauce, as if to say, Hey, don't think too much about the guitar and Thom's inside-out cloak and our 'gird your loins' comment. Check out these mind-blowing CGI Fire weaves, instead, or this awesome graphic of the Flame and the Void, and be excited and reassured! You're in good hands, we proimse!

Kind of like taking your kids out for a Happy Meal right after they have a dentist appointment to wash the bad taste out of their mouth. (I'm picking on the guitar (?) a bit more than is fair, but I still think the overall idea holds and they will want to 'win us back'/wow us with the next reveal.)

Considering the possible theme we are talking about here and the fact that the first 2 are actually created items, i reckon I’ve got it.

Its Morraine’s Staff.

While the Staff has got no power of its own, Morraine used it as a focussing Tool for creating light, and i think she used it when throwing Fire Balls.

Edited by Harldin

2 hours ago, Harldin said:

Considering the possible theme we are talking about here and the fact that the first 2 are actually created items, i reckon I’ve got it.

Its Morraine’s Staff.

While the Staff has got no power of its own, Morraine used it as a focussing Tool for creating light, and i think she used it when throwing Fire Balls.

Except Rafe said that they got rid of her staff. So it can't be that.

New idea: Moiraine's pendant! "A small blue gem on a gold chain." (EoTW, chp. 12) Revealed at the end of the chapter to be an angreal.

Like Rand's sword and Thom's guitar, this would be a well-known, fairly iconic item from a major character. Seemingly small at first and insignificant until it begins to glow... 

The first time Egwene channels, in Across the Taren, Moiraine guides her to focus on the little gem until it flashes a brief light, "no brighter than a firefly." This could be a really cool way for the show to give us, like  Egwene, our first glimpse at channeling...

And it fits with the Iron, Music, Fire trifecta, which (via interpretation) can also mean 'light.' It is unclear in Across the Taren if Egwene's first bit of channeling is with fire, specifically, and I cannot recall if it is clarified later... but it seems fair to assume a fire weave is responsible for making a gemstone glow.

And what if... just brainstorming here... but what if they do a short video of the gemstone, from design to conception like the other reveals, and then, like the sword and the guitar, they fade a real 'background' in around it, and it is hanging in Moiraine's hair, with the blue gem centered on her forehead, and she is in full costume (even if they don't show her full body) and the sapphire begins to glow—! (Or maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself here... ☺️)

14 minutes ago, Borderlander said:

And what if... just brainstorming here... but what if they do a short video of the gemstone, from design to conception like the other reveals, and then, like the sword and the guitar, they fade a real 'background' in around it, and it is hanging in Moiraine's hair, with the blue gem centered on her forehead, and she is in full costume (even if they don't show her full body) and the sapphire begins to glow—! (Or maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself here... ☺️)

This would be amazing. And I think it's absolutely in the realm of the possible.

Edited by Elder_Haman