DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who stands ready as a candidate for Manshima? Asha'man Shar'aman

The Algai @Asha'man Shar'amanhas met the requirements to be promoted to Manshima and may post his Declarations when ready!

(Hold your congratulations until after the Declarations have been posted! Thank you!)

The Declarations take three parts:

Declaration of Self:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Declaration of Commitment:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Candidate. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments.

Declaration of Intent:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as a Manshima and Der’manshima. What projects are you planning to do? Have you gotten involved with a Community Discipline? Please share with us your future goals and plans.

On the 29th of December 2020, I declare:

Declaration of Self:

I am a friend, brother, and son. I strive to be the best I can be, and to help those around me. I was introduced to WoT by a friend a few years ago. I had finished the Lord of the Rings and was looking forward to another great book series. I remember when my friend told me WoT was fourteen books long (not counting New Spring) I whooped for joy. I thought that most books were far too short. I began my WoT journey on June 30th 2018, and have yet to finish it. I found Dragonmount when I was researching why Crossroads of Twilight took so long to get through. I stumbled upon a thread here, and Dragonmount just kind of pulled me in. It was exactly my kind of place. 

Declaration of Commitment: 

I really enjoyed my time as an Algai. I met a ton of great people, and would like to think I made at least a couple friends here. Or at least people I felt closer to. I'm not really the project type, so I didn't do anything I would consider worthy of the word project. One of my favorite moments in my time as an Algai was when I watched the favorite fandom topic I made in the Blue Ajah grow. It was really great to see how diverse people's interests are.

Declaration of Intent:

As a Manshima and later a Der'Manshima, I hope to be able to help the White Tower and Warders in any way I can. One of the ways I personally would like to do this is to help in the Warder's Yard. There aren't many Warders around, but that only makes me more determined to be an ideal Warder, and to uphold the legacy of the Warders while we are so few. I have not reached out to a Discipline yet, because I would like to get to know them all well before I choose one, and because even if I were to pick one now, I would have an incredible hard time deciding. 

These are my declarations of Self, Commitment and Intent. 

Congratulations, Shar'aman! My, how you have grown in the time you have been here. *sniffles* I'm so proud!