DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who comes before us as a candidate for Accepted? PiedPiper

What Was (declaration of self):

I am, first and foremost, a sister. I am also a pianist, performer, artist. And, obviously, a reader. I found WoT through Brandon Sanderson, and decided to give it a go because I'd heard Sanderson's writing style was very similar to Jordan's. WoT was the first completed fantasy epic I'd ever picked up, and the first series I binge-read. As for Dragonmount; I don't actually remember discovering this place. I just remember always sort of knowing it was there, and right before I started AMoL, I decided I wanted to join in the hopes that it'd help stave off the book hangover when I finished the series, or at least shorten it.

What Is (declaration of commitment):

I thought my time as an aspie would be another chore I had to go through before I could join the club, but I've found I've had a lot of fun these past couple months. I've made some great aspie friends, like @Asha'man Shar'aman, @StarRisk, and @Phaedra (who is now aes sedai, but I hope we're still friends!). And the aes sedai have been welcoming and accommodating and all-around lovely people, especially my mentor, @blank. (Thank you, blank!)

Some favorite memories include getting drunk at the Mother's Skirts Tavern (shoutout to the Warders' Yard!), struggling through those escape rooms, and talking about books with the Browns. All of these are, I'm certain, activities that I will continue to enjoy as an accepted (although maybe I'll be more responsible about holding my drink and stop making flat-earth jokes).

What Will Be (declaration of intent):

I think what I most look forward to in becoming Aes Sedai is mentoring others. We've talked about the upcoming show and the predicted increase in DM traffic, and I hope to be there to herd us into a new Age. (The prime age?) Besides that, I hope to continue to do what I've been doing: play games, forge bonds, have real discussions. Since I joined, I've felt that DM is more than your average online forum. We're closer-knit than most others, and I want to work to preserve that feeling of community.

Of course we are friends, sister!! Always! Besides, you'll be a full sister with me before you know it! Congratulations on your raising!!

tenor.gif?itemid=16974264

*Laughs at you all... and winces when her back gives out*

Congratulations, PiedPiper!! 😄 

1 hour ago, StarRisk said:

wait, am *I* the cow??? 😉 haha Congratulations @PiedPiper! Should you ever have need of me, play that tune, and Rats will be there 🐀

Well, the thing is: Mushu dishonored my flute. So I don't know if it'll work anymore.

And @Phaedra -- am I the bear or the bunny rabbit?

@Arie sedai, can I get you some soothing tea for your back? I'd offer to call another Yellow to heal you, but I fear I'll just be shouting into the void...

Edited by PiedPiper
1 hour ago, LilyElizabeth said:

Congratulations, Piper! I wish I had more time to spend at DM to get to know you better. You seem pretty amazing. 

Well, I'm not planning to leave any time soon; I'm sure we'll have years to get to know each other in the future! But thank you!

3 hours ago, PiedPiper said:

And @Phaedra -- am I the bear or the bunny rabbit?

The bear....that’s me giving you tackle hugs 😊.

Congrats PiedPiper. Lovely arches!