DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My evil plan for the Grays...

Hi! This is my week with the Gray Ajah, the last (but not least) of my novice reqs!

I've actually concocted a plan for my engagement with you all this week: I will make three recipes from The Grayt Recipe Book II, and post pictures of them here! There are a few stipulations to this:

1) It must be a vegetarian recipe (because I'm a vegetarian)

2) It must be a beginner recipe (because I almost never cook)

Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you have a recipe that's not in The Grayt Recipe Book II that you think would work, post it here!

Also, one question for you all:

Do you prefer to bake or to cook? Why?

Edited by PiedPiper

When I do get into the kitchen, I prefer to cook. Not sure why, honestly. Though, I'm a HUGE fan of the Great British Baking Show 😍.

I can't WAIT to see what you cook up!!

ooo, that's a great idea! it's great to see people using what others have shared in the receipe book 🙂

I do both, but baking is more for pleasure, to make something that's a treat and a bit different.

14 hours ago, Phaedra said:

When I do get into the kitchen, I prefer to cook. Not sure why, honestly. Though, I'm a HUGE fan of the Great British Baking Show 😍

I'm exactly the same!!

So I know that the week is up and I haven't cooked anything; it's just that I've had a very hectic schedule recently, and haven't had the time to trash my kitchen. I have no intention of bailing on my plans with the Gray Ajah -- it just might take a little longer than I thought!

We're usually too busy cooking at this time of the year to talk about cooking ... lol

14 minutes ago, Phaedra said:

tenor.gif

Haha don't joke! I shock myself on plastic. I put it down to my electrifying personality.

12 minutes ago, Elgee said:

Haha don't joke! I shock myself on plastic. I put it down to my electrifying personality.

tenor.gif

I made these mini cheesecakes for our New Year's party (the kind with no guests, obviously) using @Cairos sedai's recipe. There were many near-disasters in the process, but they turned out delicious!Cheesecakes.thumb.jpg.0df150e32d55cd891918a7104ebcd62e.jpg

This morning I had an extra 10 minutes -- just enough time to pop @LilyElizabeth's brownies in the oven! They were fudgy and fantastic. Apparently, the file is too big no matter how much I crop the image, so no pictures. But my family and I enjoyed them very much!

• 2 weeks later...

nooooo I love looking at pictures of brownies almost as much as I like eating them! 😄

and it's great that you could put them together in just that extra ten minutes - sometimes baking / cooking can be offputting because it takes so much time, but it doesn't always!