DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Box

Asha'man Shar'aman

In the interest of not derailing the roll call, I have to ask a question here. @Arie, how do you pin the roll call topics? I appreciate you doing it, I am just curious as to how, and if it is tied to your authority in other clubs. I can’t pin them, so just curious. 

It's my "Moderator" permissions from being a Club Leader. As long as I am a 'member' of a club, i have minor access to moderating things. But i can't control much else. I figure i'd help at least since there are a few of you trying to keep this place afloat.

34 minutes ago, Arie said:

It's my "Moderator" permissions from being a Club Leader. As long as I am a 'member' of a club, i have minor access to moderating things. But i can't control much else. I figure i'd help at least since there are a few of you trying to keep this place afloat.

Well, thank you! It’s a big help. It’s hard enough getting people to roll call when they can see it, let alone when they can’t. 

34 minutes ago, Arie said:

That and I have a deep hatred for forum that have more than 3 stickies. Or outdated ones.

Totally understandable. I hated how many outdated pinned topics were in BT. 

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

Yup! I didn't say it though but.. *nods in agreement* and my fingers may or may not ich to get my hands on and update some info threads...

tenor.gif

I think everyone would appreciate it if you did. If you need more access, I can’t give it to you, so you will have to take it to @Illian Tear or Niniel. 

I'm in a wondering mood so....

Do we have a...name of species like the aes sedai? 

And do we have titles? 

And do we wear titles before or after our names?

What do we wear?

Is it different attire from light and dark faction?

Did we have any symbols (like the aes sedai ring, shawl etc) ? 

2 hours ago, Lavandula said:

I'm in a wondering mood so....

Do we have a...name of species like the aes sedai? 

And do we have titles? 

And do we wear titles before or after our names?

What do we wear?

Is it different attire from light and dark faction?

Did we have any symbols (like the aes sedai ring, shawl etc) ? 

Yes. We are called the Asha’man. It means a guardian of truth and justice. 

Sort of. If you were really formal, you would use someone’s rank before their name, so you are Dedicated Lava and I am Soldier Aman. I think the two levels of Asha’man are just Asha’man as the title, and then we have Baijan M’Hael which means Attack Leader. Minor/slightly major spoilers here: We have the Leader of the club, who is the Dragon Reborn, and the faction leaders are Taim (Dark) and Logain (Light). The Dark leader can also be called the M’Hael, and I would assume that the Light leader could be called Sealbreaker. 

As mentioned above, titles before your name. 

Members of the Black Tower all wear black high collared coats. Once you are raised to Dedicated, you are given the right to wear the silver sword pin on the left side of your collar (the one I gave you). Upon becoming Asha’man, you are given a red and gold Dragon pin to wear on the right side of your  collar with the Sword pin on the left side of your collar. 

If you are the M’Hael (Dark leader) you could choose to wear no pins and have blue and gold dragons embroidered on your black coat (like Taim wore).

If you are the Dragon Reborn, you will have herons branded onto your palms, and gold and red Dragons tattooed on your arms. 

Not that I know of. We are all members of the BT, so we all have the pins and black coats. Later in the books, I would imagine that the Dark would remove their pins, but I think all members here at the BT wear the Sword and Dragon as well as the black coats. 

People tend to associate the Dragon’s Fang with us, and as we are the balance to the White Tower, I would assume that the Dragon’s Fang is one of our symbols.  We also have the Sword and Dragon, as well as the black coats. 

If you have any more questions, let me know and I will be happy to answer. 

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

Aaaah...now I understand where my thought prosess went in the wrong direction, ok ok! Oooh loving the dragon and it's little tooth!!! Thank you Aman? 

Now I really wanna make my own new avatar.. And read the book..sigh...

Of course! Can you tell I'm a huge BT nerd? All that was from memory. 

You've got this Lava! I just went with Ariel Burgess' Logain for my avatar, (makes sense now!) and I am happy with it. As for the books, just keep plugging away. You will get there eventually, and it will be so exciting when you do. 

8 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Yeah I just can't seem to find the time? 

I know how that feels. The audiobooks are great to listen to at night, since you can just plug away as you fall asleep, but you do have to pay for them.  

4 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Ok so are there any meat substitutes that are so good someone wouldn't know they ate non meat? 

In my opinion, yeah. Beyond or Impossible burgers are really good. I will have to think of some more, since those are the two I can think up right now. 

I have the audio books but I keep falling asleep and then next day I must use extencive time to find where I fell asleep?

My store has these mushroom burgers it's seriously the best burgers in the world yum!  my family is less than impressed by them.. tofu bacon is a huge hit though.

40 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

I have the audio books but I keep falling asleep and then next day I must use extencive time to find where I fell asleep?

My store has these mushroom burgers it's seriously the best burgers in the world yum!  my family is less than impressed by them.. tofu bacon is a huge hit though.

I always almost fall asleep. They are also good to listen to while reading if your brain gets burnt out after a few pages like mine does. 

Tofu bacon is really good too! Another great thing is if you season tofu with cajun rub, and sear it. One of the most amazing things ever, and super quick and easy. 

Yeah that's what I like to do I read and listen at same time I get more details that way! ?

tofu bacon is the best cause it tastes like bacon but are better to chew?

I has a happy! The only foreign product shop in town closed down a year ago, but now I finally found someone that is selling tahini☺☺☺ it's my go too spread when I'm sick of food lol.. tahini fresh grounded pepper and tomato slices❤ and I'm eating it while I'm looking trough my new recipe book, and I also found fake grouded meat for the tex mex tomorow *bounce bounce* 

What does it mean to sear it? Fry it in the frying pan? I don't think I can find cajun rub here, what is in it?

On 4/15/2021 at 3:15 AM, Lavandula said:

Yeah that's what I like to do I read and listen at same time I get more details that way! ?

tofu bacon is the best cause it tastes like bacon but are better to chew?

I has a happy! The only foreign product shop in town closed down a year ago, but now I finally found someone that is selling tahini☺☺☺ it's my go too spread when I'm sick of food lol.. tahini fresh grounded pepper and tomato slices❤ and I'm eating it while I'm looking trough my new recipe book, and I also found fake grouded meat for the tex mex tomorow *bounce bounce* 

What does it mean to sear it? Fry it in the frying pan? I don't think I can find cajun rub here, what is in it?

That's awesome that you found tahini! And fake ground meat for tex mex!

Yeah. Sear is kind of just making it more on the cooked side. I'm not a chef, so I can't give you an exact definition. It is a mixture of a ton of spices together (mostly paprika and that kind of stuff). It goes good with everything. And I mean everything. You can spread it on tofu, steak, burgers, whatever. My dad made it for us, so I will have to ask him for all the ingredients (since I forgot), if you want to know. 

1 hour ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

That's awesome that you found tahini! And fake ground meat for tex mex!

Yeah. Sear is kind of just making it more on the cooked side. I'm not a chef, so I can't give you an exact definition. It is a mixture of a ton of spices together (mostly paprika and that kind of stuff). It goes good with everything. And I mean everything. You can spread it on tofu, steak, burgers, whatever. My dad made it for us, so I will have to ask him for all the ingredients (since I forgot), if you want to know. 

I NEED that recipe! ? also, the non meat grounded well..beans, it was just the right consistency and soooo good it had a slight smoked taste like bacon just milder everyone loved it!!! ??? and I also bought nutritional yeast, man I could use it on everything! it's so good everyone started to just eat it clean but I had to close the bag, pretty sure it's not supposed to be eaten like potato chips?