DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Box

Asha'man Shar'aman

*Looks around* I don't see anyone here. Well, I guess I'll just practice channeling then. *Seizes saidin* No! It's mine! Give it back, you inexperienced child. You have no idea what you are doing. Whoa. I guess the taint got to me there. Maybe I'd better stop holding saidin. *thinks for a minute* No, I think I'll practice instead. *destroys a tree with balefire* Hmm. Maybe better to wait for a more experienced Asha'man before trying that one again. 

• 1 month later...

Ooooh looking gooooood!!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Psssst... *lovering voice* You think they sent her to spy on us? I mean I've been here for almost two years and never saw mentor in here… *looking suspicious* and what a coincidence it's our mentor popping up huh? ?

Edited by Lavandula

On 2/23/2021 at 4:40 AM, Lavandula said:

Ooooh looking gooooood!!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Psssst... *lovering voice* You think they sent her to spy on us? I mean I've been here for almost two years and never saw mentor in here… *looking suspicious* and what a coincidence it's our mentor popping up huh? ?

Hmm. Well, I know Phaedra's mentor is a member here, but it's still odd. I don't think relations between the BT and the WT are as good as they seem. After all, we both effectively got called traitors a couple days ago. Plus, I get the idea that in the WT's opinion, Warders and the One Power don't mix. So maybe our mentor was sent to spy? But I am enjoying having her here, so maybe we should let it be? After all, everything we say can be viewed, so it's not like they exactly need a spy here. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:40 AM, Arie said:

Oh dear... Until a channeler is able to unravel weaves, you may as well burn yourself out before trying to reverse a weave... 

*sighs heavily*

My my, we have some work ahead of us...

But this is the BT! Remember how we are forced into reaching our full potential quickly? Besides, I already reversed the Traveling weave, and used balefire. Since the spoiler tags still aren't working, all I will say is this: Remember that one event at the end of Lord of Chaos? Experimentation probably made it what it was. 

Now this brings up an interesting question. You implied that you would teach me how to properly use the OP, but you are used to channeling saidar at the WT, whereas I am used to channeling saidin at the BT. So how would you do that? I would not refuse teaching, just curious how. 

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

Dumai Wells is the extent of using the One Power as a weapon, and pure, unbridled strength. Saidin, for the most part are lost in weaves except what is remembered in the whispers of those tainted with voices of old. "Reversing a weave" is... I don't think it means what you think it means. ?

Saidin is plenty dangerous without reversing weaves, and the skill to do so. ? 

(From a logical, old Sedai stand point)

1 hour ago, Arie said:

Dumai Wells is the extent of using the One Power as a weapon, and pure, unbridled strength. Saidin, for the most part are lost in weaves except what is remembered in the whispers of those tainted with voices of old. "Reversing a weave" is... I don't think it means what you think it means. ?

Saidin is plenty dangerous without reversing weaves, and the skill to do so. ? 

(From a logical, old Sedai stand point)

Reversing a weave is where you make an exact copy of it, but reversed, correct? So it does the opposite of what the original weave did. I said experimenting because I don’t think that the Asha’man immediately knew how to form the Rolling Ring of Earth and Fire, I think they discovered it. LT didn’t comment on it, and if Taim knew it, then he discovered it, and Bashere would have commented on it. 

That’s true that saidin is dangerous, and reversing weaves has the effect of not knowing what will happen. But experimentation is interesting! Although, I definitely wouldn’t want to be burnt out. So I’ll be more careful in the future. Is that a fair compromise?

16 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

relations between the BT and the WT are as good as they seem. After all, we both effectively got called traitors a couple days ago. Plus, I get the idea that in the WT's opinion, Warders and the One Power don't mix. So maybe our mentor was sent to spy? But I am enjoying having her here, so maybe we should let it be? After all, everything we say can be viewed, so it's not like they exactly need a spy here. 

Well yes...as long as she's not here to shut us down I'm good.? *nods*

Mmm yes well I'm not a warder here anymore, and I started reading up on BT, I ah mean I do like the ashandarei but it's not that much use for it when we are highly encourage to use our channeling powers.. I can like that mohahaha? I must just read up on channeling there haven't been to much info on that yet.

18 hours ago, Arie said:

If I remember correctly, it makes the weave undetectable, or invisible. Or something. Like Hiding your weave, or masking it from others. ?

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Hiding_Weaves_and_Masking_the_Ability_to_Channel

Hmm. What about what happened in Chapter 33 in the Gathering Storm? It’s totally possible that I am using the wrong term to describe it. 

8 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Well yes...as long as she's not here to shut us down I'm good.? *nods*

Mmm yes well I'm not a warder here anymore, and I started reading up on BT, I ah mean I do like the ashandarei but it's not that much use for it when we are highly encourage to use our channeling powers.. I can like that mohahaha? I must just read up on channeling there haven't been to much info on that yet.

The ashandarei is cool, but I would rather stick to a sword. Channeling is super interesting to study! If you ever read to the end of book six, we will have a lot to talk about Asha’man wise.