DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Books High and Lows

As the terrible year of 2020 draws to close a lot of people tend to get introspective. I'm not here for soul searching - I'm interested in your favourite book of the year and the one that disappointed you the most. 

My favourite book of the year was The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, it is the sequel the The Handmaid's Tale. It was the very first book I read this year and I genuinely thought it was wonderfully done. 

My biggest disappointment of the year is another sequel. It is the book Postscript by Cecelia Ahern. The first book PS I Love You was incredibly moving about a young woman dealing with the death of her husband and her left her letters to be opened once a month for a year after his death. It is a book I treasure and reread before tackling the sequel. I guess I was a bit disappointed as the author's personal writing style has changed a lot over the past 15 years or so since the first book that the characters didn't really feel the same. 

Honourable mentions for fave book:

Crescent City by Sarah J Maas

Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth 

Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson

17 hours ago, blank said:

Crescent City by Sarah J Maas

Love it as well !!!!

Fav book of the year would be : Blood of Elves from A Sapkowski

Love it <3 <3 <3 Made me read more books from the Witcher series

The biggest disappointment was the first opus from the Black company from G. Cook... it's just so so dry and descriptive.

Katya's world from JL Howard

Crescent city ofc

Plain bad heroines from E. Danforth

Favorite book of the year: American Gods (Neil Gaiman)

I read American Gods in May; I think it's now my favorite book of all time.

Honorable Mentions: Rhythm of War (Brandon Sanderson), All the Birds in the Sky (Charlie Jane Anders)

Biggest disappointment of the year: The Crucible

Honestly, I was bored when I read it and DNFed it. It was slow, and when there was conflict it felt stupid and melodramatic. I get that it's a classic, but I just didn't click with it.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite book was probably either Knife of Dreams or Howl’s Moving Castle. 

My least favorite was Crossroads of Twilight. I started it in October of last year, and finished it in June of this year.  And Winter’s Heart’s ending was so interesting, that Crossroads of Twilight seemed extra boring.