DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just getting restarted

MandragoranAlRand

Hi ... Ma'al'Rand? LoL ... your handle is too long! We'll have to find a nick name for you ?

Welcome to DM!

I discover some new things in every re-read I do, and I've read the older books close to 30 times each.

Where are you from? I'm from Cape Town in South Africa and I know of only 3 other readers, two of whom were on here but have faded away, sadly.

Mando-Rand?

Sorry.. 

no, i'm not sorry. 

*I'm stalking Elgee*

Welcome to Dragonmount! ? I'm sorry to hear about your dad. ? Personal tragedy tends to force changes in ways we aren't always expecting, but I'm happy to hear you finding your way back to something you love. I hope it brings back good memories. ❤️

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:24 AM, Arie said:

Mando-Rand?

Sorry.. 

no, i'm not sorry. 

*I'm stalking Elgee*

Welcome to Dragonmount! ? I'm sorry to hear about your dad. ? Personal tragedy tends to force changes in ways we aren't always expecting, but I'm happy to hear you finding your way back to something you love. I hope it brings back good memories. ❤️

It's bittersweet, always bittersweet. But at least I started. Thanks so much for the welcome, I am really so excited. Huge excitement to discuss the books and theories. And lol at the name. I love Lan's last name, and he's one of my favorites characters, also even though Rand exasperates me, I'm pretty impressed by him so the name was an inspired pairing.

Who's your favourite?

On 12/13/2020 at 3:01 AM, Elgee said:

Hi ... Ma'al'Rand? LoL ... your handle is too long! We'll have to find a nick name for you ?

Welcome to DM!

I discover some new things in every re-read I do, and I've read the older books close to 30 times each.

Where are you from? I'm from Cape Town in South Africa and I know of only 3 other readers, two of whom were on here but have faded away, sadly.

Lol ?? I like Man'al'Rand, pretty cool ?, thank you, I might steal it. Oh my!! 30 times, my dad would have loved speaking to you. That was his philosophy, the more reads the more hidden knowledge, and I must say it's true, Robert Jordan was complete genius!

I hail from Trinidad in the Caribbean, very pleased to meet someone from Cape Town. Been wanting to travel there forever, I'm sure my genealogy traces back to Africa. I only know 2 persons from Trinidad who have read the series that are alive. 

One of my recent theories since reading the 2nd book is that the ter'angreal used by Novices to be raised to Accepted is akin to Portal Stones and they show the many lives in the many worlds... specifically the ones you fear most.

What are one of your theories or realized comprehensions from your multiple reads?

On 12/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, MandragoranAlRand said:

I hail from Trinidad in the Caribbean, very pleased to meet someone from Cape Town. Been wanting to travel there forever, I'm sure my genealogy traces back to Africa.

Yes! Come and visit ?

On 12/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, MandragoranAlRand said:

What are one of your theories or realized comprehensions from your multiple reads?

Hmmm .... Graendal was one of the first who was Turned? I can't recall ever seeing that in a discussion here, but it seems obvious to me. Maybe I just missed the discussions and I'm stating the obvious ... LoL