DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to my Introduction!

Hi! This week is my time with the White ajah, and I have a few questions for you guys!

1) Movies or TV shows, adaptations or originals, animated or live action?

2) Favorite genre?

3) Most interesting vacation you've been on?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @PiedPiper!

Sorry we missed your visit!  

1.) This one is too hard to answer!  I watch more movies than tv shows, but I don't think one is better than the other.  Adaptations or originals?  Depends on how well done they are.  Animated or live action?  I love both!  Again, depends on how good they are.  I've seen amazing animated films and awful animated films.  Same with live action!

2.) Books: Romance!  ❤️  Followed closely by fantasy.  Movies: sci-fi.

3.) We went to New Orleans the year after Hurricane Katrina.  We did a swamp tour--which was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced--but on the way there, our tour guide gave us a running count of how flooded the city was.  Something like, "This block was under 18 feet of water."  And you could look at the buildings and see the damage and imagine that much water creeping into your home and it was so terribly tragic to think about.  It really put into perspective the suffering of the people in the city.  But the food was amazing and the city was amazing and the swamp was amazing.  I'd love to go back!

Well, your answer to question 1 is fair.

I haven't read a lot of contemporary romance, but I do really enjoy Jane Austen!

New Orleans sounds like a destination that is both devastating and gorgeous. I've heard that the food is scrumptious, although I doubt I, as a vegetarian, would be able to enjoy it. I'm curious; what were some of your favorite dishes?

I’m also a vegetarian now and I know it would be trickier to eat the food if we went back! 

I also didn’t eat seafood even before I was a vegetarian, so my husband ate the oysters and alligator and turtle soup and I had muffulettas and beignets! 

I actually had an amazing cheeseburger there—at The Oyster House restaurant.  It was somehow better than any other cheeseburger I’d ever had to that date.  Why was it so good?  I have no idea.

Posted (edited)

Maybe you were just really hungry when you ate it -- that happened to me with a McDonald's hash brown, actually. I was catching a 10:00am flight, so I'd gotten up early and hadn't eaten anything that day, and when I finally got to the gate there a couple restaurants. I ordered a breakfast sandwich, but I wanted carbs so I chose the hash brown first...

Oh my God. It was the best experience of my life. Now I can't eat McDonald's hash browns anymore, because they taste like cardboard compared to that airport one I ate two years ago.

Edited by PiedPiper

HAHAH!  That's hilarious and an interesting way to look at it!

It's a possibility.  I know sometimes I shake with anticipation for my dinner when I'm particularly hungry and it always seems to taste so good! 

My journey for 2020 was to start intuitive eating, and so I was eating a lot more foods that sounded good.  So I enjoyed my meals a lot more.  I was indulging--even when it was taco salad.

But I'm sure the atmosphere played a huge part too.  We had an amazing Pizza Hut pizza in Rugby, North Dakota the first night we got there to visit my relatives.  I think it was mostly I was happy to be in that town again!