DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who stands ready as a candidate for Manshima-StarRisk?

The Algai @StarRiskhas met the requirements to be promoted to Manshima and may post his Declarations when ready!

(Hold your congratulations until after the Declarations have been posted! Thank you!)

The Declarations take three parts:

Declaration of Self:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Declaration of Commitment:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Candidate. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments.

Declaration of Intent:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as a Manshima and Der’manshima. What projects are you planning to do? Have you gotten involved with a Community Discipline? Please share with us your future goals and plans.

I, StarRisk, former Algai, forever mintee to LilyElizabeth, do declare:

Declaration of Self: I am a Father, Husband, Twin, Brother, and Son. Family to many, Friend to all. I began reading WoT to escape reality, the harshness of it, the hypocrisy of adults, and to go on an adventure. I found it, I believe in it, and now I get to read WoT to my family. I found DM in 2000, a year out of high school, while cruising the still fresh minted Internet (for us commoners), while looking for anything related to WoT. I found it, I watched with disbelief as all the wonderful people congregated around WoT. My own insecurities kept me from engaging, but i watched and waited. Twenty years later, I have found my way back, renewed by my sons, and my new found sense of self. 

Declaration of Commitment: As an Algai, I have enjoyed participating in the many games and banter on DM. Truly a great crowd of diverse folks, with all the variations in the rainbow of opinions, backgrounds, and experiences. I have contributed my own thoughts and ideas to many discussions, noted improvements for DM and various groups, and I love visiting the Ajahs! Helpful and thoughtful messages from my friends here got me through a rough time. I can share now that my twin of 22yrs passed 16yrs ago, and it still gets me down around the time of his passing and our birthday. The fine people here had nothing but empathy and encouragement and it means the world to me. Thank you.

Declaration of Intent: As a Manshima and Der'manshima, I plan to polish the shining walls of DM. To contribute positivity, open-mindedness, and some fun in a world that can be downright mean sometimes. I hope to guide others to DM, lead those that are here by example and good stewardship. I aim to misbehave now n then, within the context of the Rules and without hurting others! I am beginning to stretch my arms and legs in the Disciplines and will continue to do so, as long as the wheel turns.

So say I, Star Risk, the 5th of December, 2020 and the twelfth day of Danu in WoT.

Edited by StarRisk
typo

Congratulations, Mintee-mine. I loved your declarations. I am sorry for your loss. You must have been very close. I'm really glad you found DM again. You've been a fantastic addition to the team. 

dXwvdpz.gif

Glad you are back! It's been awesome having another new person (even if you were here 20 years ago) around to join me in some shenanigans!

All I can do is give you lots of hugs, as I feel there aren't any words or phrases (in English at least) that convey the empathy and sympathy I feel. This is where my Yellow streak comes in, and the desire to take away feelings of pain and discomfort. I'm happy to hear you found support and comfort in us here at DM during a difficult time for you. 💙

Edited by Phaedra

15-158223_ftestickers-text-typography-co

It is strange to come across people who found this place at a similar time as I did. It's been quite a journey for you! I can't imagine such a loss, and my heart bleeds for you. Your growth and what you bring to your family, I too can relate with children of my own. Husband and I met through WoT as well and we're counting down until we can hand them the books. 

Congratulations on your raising! I expect great things from you and look forward to see who you are becoming! ❤️

I'm so sorry for your loss, StarRisk, but I'm very glad that you joined us and that we can be your family too.

Congratulations on becoming a Manshima!

Sorry for your loss Star :(

But most of all, thank you for these declarations and allowing us to know a bit more about you.

Congratulations on your promotion !!!!!!

Does that mean that you're getting a big sword now ? 😄

22 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

Does that mean that you're getting a big sword now ? 😄

I knew there was a reason we got along so well. 😈 Maybe a size 12 sword?

Star,

I'm so happy you found us again and were ready to engage. Congrats on your raising.

May your twin's memory be a blessing. 

• 2 weeks later...