DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Encouraging Times - December 2020 Prompt

StarRisk

1468738131_PromptImage.png.164f15c7069ecb9359dd12604c362d33.png

Encouraging Times - December 2020 Prompt

A steady stream of daily affirmations, encouraging quotes/poems/stories, to lighten the spirits and spread joy

“IT IS THE SMALL THINGS, EVERYDAY DEEDS OF ORDINARY FOLK THAT KEEPS THE DARKNESS AT BAY. SIMPLE ACTS OF LOVE AND KINDNESS.” - Gandalf

Please leave behind thoughtful, inspiring words to lift our spirits in these trying times.

a runner up was, “THE WORLD IS NOT IN YOUR BOOKS AND MAPS. IT IS OUT THERE.”....but these days, so is Covid, so that didn't work!

Edited by Arie
banner

Feel free to add what inspires you, what brightens your days, we could all use a little light...

Hope is the thing with feathers by Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I’ve heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

"This too shall pass," is an old Persian saying that may have originated with the poet Rumi. Abraham Lincoln, something of an aphorist himself, was a fan of this line because it is "true and appropriate in all times and situations," Lincoln said. "How much it expresses! How consoling in the depths of affliction!"  -David G Allen, CNN 

Inspirational quotes to get us through the coronavirus shutdown - CNN

What a difference a day makes, and yet, so much is still the same...My family has come down with Covid, specifically my Wife, Ali. The rest of us are waiting on test results, with no symptoms, but she is having a hard time. I finally sat down to think on how to cheer her up and encourage her, then I asked my boys. 

Here's what we came up with, with hopes that you all take the time to encourage those in your lifes, here on DM and closer to home 🙂

Sending pictures: a nice smile, a hug (of the air or another loved one), or fun things like wine or chocolate!

Sending voice grams: For those in isolation, hearing laughter, jokes, and endearing comments is the best

Many of the games we play here work well for this scenario! 

Hope you all are staying safe, enjoying life, and taking care of one another (including yerselves!)

🙂

All my well wishes to mrs star, I'm so sorry to hear she is so sick, hope she will have a speedy recovery, and that miraculously rest of family stay healthy and strong so you are able to take good care of her❤

Thank you for sharing lovely tips, and it is true caring and making people feel better take so surprisingly little.

Even a little smile to a stranger, it cost so little to do, but can mean the world to someone else. I have both seen people light up when I smile at them, and cried in the car from emotions of being at the resieving end.. 🙂

Hey you have no reason to be sorry, we ofcourse miss you, but your wife and kids need you! 

Christmas will be very welcome, it's not going around and I feel like find a silent corner to hide away and cry all the time, but I have to suck it up cause I can't spare the energy it takes to cry.

I haven't been around much either, at all really.. I saw you wrote a poem in here, maybe when you have more time, you would like to share a little insight on writing poems? 

• 2 weeks later...

🤗 Thanks Lava

Wish I could lend you some energy! Wife is better now, with complications. 

As far as poems, I love poems! Its a very open process. Not helpful, but in a way, its important to know that poems are just writings that make the reader feel and think something. There is no correct form or punctuation, which is why I love poems. You just write what you feel...say for instance, your lack of energy.

Lava

Sapped of strength

In body, not mind

Lava crawls on the floor

Like all serpent-kind

Lava seeks corners and nooks

To hide and to cry

But when the Moon shines bright

Lava crawls out, quiet and sly

With bursts of energy

Lava flails, throwing pans to and fro

Shouting and howling at all who can hear,

"Lava is alive!", she just wants you to know.